A criteria for marriage

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope...But being raised with my mom, she and I learned how to do those things ourselves(the basics and a little extra, but no replacing master cylinders...as you know, haha). We're handy ladies.

Frankly, I've been more car and repair savvy than any man I've ever been with. They usually were the ones to do the cleaning aspect, which was more than fine by me because they were of the variety that would get behind the toilet with a toothbrush(not sure you'd ever catch me doing that, except in the last month maybe)...Whereas I was replacing the outlets.

It'd be damn nice if they were handy and we could knock our heads together and save even more $$ utilizing our knowledge, but not a criteria..no.

I certainly wouldn't make it a criteria for marriage, anything that i could pay someone else to do... and i wouldn't want the reverse criteria applied to me, that i had to be a good maid and pick up after him in order for him to marry me when i could well pay for that myself if i didn't like to do it.

But having said that, i do like me a handy man! I'm totally into smart men on tractors, but I wouldn't exclude a guy just because he wasn't all that handy or didn't look good on a tractor.

I probably would exclude man a who was a lot less intelligent than i am or who had no common interests though because i would get bored and we would have totally different interests.

It is sexy and would be a great attribute, but I don't at all consider it a criteria. What I do consider one is the desire to figure a couple of things out and an attitude where he doesn't freak out when something breaks (I dated someone like this....never again).

I definitely find it to be a very sexy trait. And (to me) very manly! While I am very independent and tend to like to fend for myself - those are two things that I will hire someone to do. If my man can do that for me - that's very sexy.

... but I don't really look for it because it is something you can pay someone to do. It's kind of a very sexy bonus if it's there.

I look for things you can't "outsource" (haha)... kindness, compassion, intelligence, morality, emotionally available, affectionate, etc. Some days I feel that these traits are hard enough to find...

Ladies would you consider a man being good at home repairs and car repairs a criteria for marriage? I don't know but there is something rather sexy to me about a man who can tackle those kinds of problems and save money in the process.

So should us guys start bringing a resume on dates? lmao. I work as a professional Heavy Duty Equipment Technician. Who is very skilled in any of the trades (any kind of mechanics, welding and fabrication, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, I can paint but just hate doing it.) As I say all the time I can fix a broken heart and weld the crack of dawn. So I must be one hell of a catch then. lol.

So should us guys start bringing a resume on dates? lmao. I work as a professional Heavy Duty Equipment Technician. Who is very skilled in any of the trades (any kind of mechanics, welding and fabrication, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, I can paint but just hate doing it.) As I say all the time I can fix a broken heart and weld the crack of dawn. So I must be one hell of a catch then. lol.

No, I am not saying you need a resume. I just think it is useful to know how to fix things.

I definitely find it to be a very sexy trait. And (to me) very manly! While I am very independent and tend to like to fend for myself - those are two things that I will hire someone to do. If my man can do that for me - that's very sexy.

... but I don't really look for it because it is something you can pay someone to do. It's kind of a very sexy bonus if it's there.

I look for things you can't "outsource" (haha)... kindness, compassion, intelligence, morality, emotionally available, affectionate, etc. Some days I feel that these traits are hard enough to find...

Yes, all the things you are unable to outsource are very very important more so than being able to fix things, however, I just find it to be a sexy add on too.

Okay criteria might be a bad choice of word . A nice attribute then?

Yeah, it would be nice, but I wouldn't make it a requirement. A nice bonus though. Although my ex knew more than I in that department, I was much better off paying a mechanic because a little "knowledge" plus a lot of over confidence was dangerous... And did not save money, lol...

Not sure I would consider it a 'criteria' but YES it is sexy and appealing. I am currently dating a man who was raised on a farm...and one of his jobs in his field is working tractors, dozers, etc and he loves his garage lol. Always in there fixing something. I call him my 'country boy' lol. Maybe it's an old school thing but I like it!

It's sexy to me too. But it's sexier when they do normal household chores--vacuuming, dishes, picking up, anything I don't have to remind them to do. I do like that my husband is handy though. Even better is that he knows when he can't fix something and can admit it, instead of pretending he can and messing things up!

It definitely qasnt a criterion for marriage but it is a nice attribute!

It's sexy to me too. But it's sexier when they do normal household chores--vacuuming, dishes, picking up, anything I don't have to remind them to do. I do like that my husband is handy though. Even better is that he knows when he can't fix something and can admit it, instead of pretending he can and messing things up!

It definitely qasnt a criterion for marriage but it is a nice attribute!

Oh for sure, it is sexy when they do house work too. For sure!!

Yeah, my brain was not operational when I said "criteria" I was still in bed and had not had my cup of tea yet.

As an attribute? Definitely, yes, sexy and very much appreciated!

I hate when something breaks in the house and i have to either figure it out myself or pay a fortune to have someone come fix it. A good looking man with a toolbelt CAN be sexy, but then some repairman are definitely UNSEXY depending on how they look!

As an attribute? Definitely, yes, sexy and very much appreciated!

I hate when something breaks in the house and i have to either figure it out myself or pay a fortune to have someone come fix it. A good looking man with a toolbelt CAN be sexy, but then some repairman are definitely UNSEXY depending on how they look!

Yeah like the 300 lb plumber with plumbers crack lol

I think it's a whole knight in shining armor thing. It's nice when someone takes care of you. Makes me realize I don't have to be hyper independent all the time, which sometimes happens. I got 2 flat tires in one week a couple months back and my husband came to meet me and fixed the first one but I admitted later that night I did in fact know how to change a tire. 6 days layer, another tire went flat. Called him to rescue me then. He changed it, but gave me crap about it. He later admitted though he likes comin to my rescue.

I think they enjoy it as much as we do though, knowing they can help and do things. Similarly I enjoy making a meal he really likes or when he notices my hair or something. I guess it's the typical gender stereotypes that we all fight against but sometimes embrace.

I think it's just easier if they can fix it right then,rather than phone someone, wait a week before someone else can do it and pay 10 times as much. I mean tonight my husband is putting in his own windshield wiper motor. Then on the weekend he is doing an oil change on my car. A few months ago he did calipers and breaks on his car. How much money was saved right there???? LOTS. Plus it gives him a sense of achievement and his wife finds him sexy. That is all around win!

Archived