Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Telling my boyfriend my "number"

Silver Member

Telling my boyfriend my "number"

My boyfriend asked me my number (sex partners) on friday. I told him (18) and he said "thats not bad" He has been with less. I think in comparison it is a lot of people ( I am 21) but I also don't feel ashamed about it. I am curious why he wanted to know (he is not the first partner to ask me) but I just hope he appreciates me honesty. He is so understanding and does not judge at all but I am still worried. He didn't act any different since then, but I am just worried!

If he wasn't ok with the response, he should not have answered the question.

Personally, I've answered such questions with 'That's a little personal, I'm not sleeping with anyone else and I'm not sure how any good could come from answering the question.'

He likely wanted to know to feed his ego, a lot of guys want to know that they've had more partners than their current partner so they feel as though they are the 'more experienced'...even though number of partners has almost nothing to do with sexual experience.

I'll never understand why guys ask their GF's this question. Sure as heck not one I'd ask or even want to know.

Originally Posted by testcase
    I'll never understand why guys ask their GF's this question. Sure as heck not one I'd ask or even want to know.
    100% agreed.

Well he's not acting funny, so I'd say he's probably fine with it and appreciates your honesty. Don't sweat it.

I can see why people would ask (guys and girls) but NEVER ask if you think you may not like the answer! It cracks me up to see guys ask this question and then get all upset! Well...don't ask if you can't handle it! haha.

Originally Posted by Fudgie
    Well...don't ask if you can't handle it! haha.
    Darn right! I wouldn't want to know...one woman I dated had told me that she had slept with 20 guys before me and I couldn't help but lose some respect for her...also couldn't resist the urge to yell out '21' when we got it on.

[QUOTE=russ978;4304244]Darn right! I wouldn't want to know...one woman I dated had told me that she had slept with 20 guys before me and I couldn't help but lose some respect for her...also couldn't resist the urge to yell out '21' when we got it on.

This pretty much encapsulates the very contradictory view many straight guys have towards female sexuality. They celebrate when they give it up ("21!") but simultaneously lose respect for the women at the same time. It makes no sense...

[QUOTE=russ978;4304244]Darn right! I wouldn't want to know...one woman I dated had told me that she had slept with 20 guys before me and I couldn't help but lose some respect for her...also couldn't resist the urge to yell out '21' when we got it on.

Whoa...she told you right out?? You didn't ask?? Wow that's weird! Was she proud of it or something?

Talk about a no-no thing to do. ><

Don't ask
    Don't tell
    It never
    ends up well.

Originally Posted by FathomFear
    This pretty much encapsulates the very contradictory view many straight guys have towards female sexuality. They celebrate when they give it up ("21!") but simultaneously lose respect for the women at the same time. It makes no sense...
    Amen to that.

Though if a guy asks, and insists on an answer, and you give it....and he responds like that...at least you don't have to waste your time to find out what kind of guy he is.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice