Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast

Your guy friends want to have sex with you. Wake up ladies!

There have been a couple of recent threads where a woman was hanging out with a male friend (not her bf) only to discover that he has an ulterior motive, namely that he wants to have sex with her. Most women are so clueless and naive about this, there ought to be a sticky on ENA about this, but in lieu of that, I'll just start a thread.

So here it is ladies:
    1. Many of your male 'platonic' friends, unless they are gay, would have sex with you if given the opportunity. This applies to even your bf's friends. Are there guys who wouldn't? Sure, but it is safer for you to assume that they would.

It never ceases to amaze me how often a guy (usually a bf or close trusted friend) will say to a girl "That guy is definitely interested in you" and the girl will respond "No, he's just a friend, and that's the way he always is". Next time you hear that, BELIEVE IT. We guys know the signs when another guy is interested in a woman. It may not be interest in a relationship, but it will most certainly be interest in sex.

2. Many guys will interpret nearly everything as a woman being interested in them. I joked in another thread that if a woman's lips are moving while facing me, all I hear is "I want you". While that's a joke, there is an element of truth to it. If you are hanging out with us, we perceive that you are interested. If you are hanging out alone with us and drinking with us, we definitely perceive that you are interested. If you come home with us, or allow us into your home, we assume you want sex, even if you have a bf or a husband.

3. If you see *any* behavior that indicates your male friend might be interested in more than just friendship, and you are not interested in the same, you should shut him down HARD on his first advance. Anything less that a firm and forceful rejection can easily be misinterpreted by the guy as the girl playing hard to get, especially if the guy is already intoxicated/high. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it happens.

After he indicates interest, and after you've strongly rejected his advance, LEAVE. If you stick around, time and a little more alcohol may reignite in his mind the thought that you really are interested and that's why you're still hanging around. Call your bf, a friend, a taxi, whatever, just leave. If you absolutely, positively, cannot leave, make it very clear to him you have a boyfriend you love (make one up if you have to) and are not at all interested in him (the friend) - say those words: "I am not interested in you as anything more than friends"; don't just assume that he will get subtle hints.

4. This may seem a bit over the top, and not every guy you know wants to have sex with you, but for your safety, you should assume they do. And the more physically attractive you are (not in your head, but how others view you; in fact, the hot girl who doesn’t think she’s hot may be even more vulnerable to this type of behavior), the greater the percentage of your male friends who want to have sex with you.

Men can transition from friendship to sex much more readily than women can. For us, the 'friend zone' is a firm barrier only when we are not physically attracted to you, or if you are dating our brother, best friend, etc. (and for some guys, even that's not enough to stop them if given an opportunity).

And while many guys will get the hint after a mild rejection of their pass at you, some will not, so, again, for your safety, better to shut us down hard the first time. While it may be overkill to the guy who would’ve gotten the message with a milder rejection, it is easier to explain away a forceful rejection than it is explain to your bf or to the police why you allowed the guy to kiss you or have sex with you.

5. Yes, if men were better behaved, none of this would be an issue. But many men are not so well behaved, and alcohol makes men behave worse. Sure, we can pooh pooh all this with some politically correct gibberish, but none of that will make you feel much better if you put yourself in a position where things get out of hand. Protect yourself first, worry about a guy’s feelings second.

EDIT: Some people are interpreting this post as suggesting ALL your guy friends are plotting to have sex with you. That is obviously not the case. I'm just advocating that you stay aware and don't blind yourself to advances from a male friend that you would notice if it came from a male stranger.
    Last edited by diabolik; 06-29-2009 at 01:11 PM.

lol, you make it sound like our guy friends will rape us immediately when given the chance
    Your attitude determines your altitude.

I don't doubt that most male "freinds" would have sex with their female friends if given the chance. We are sexual creatures. But I don't think all of them would act on it. I have male friends who have never made a move on me because they respect me. And these are friends Ive had for over ten years and have shared many drinks with.

I also think that often when females deny that their guy friends have crushes on them, they know that they do but just don't want to go there. They just shut down the thought because it repulses them or because they know going there will ruin their friendship.

I have girlfriends that I am no attracted to at all and would not have sex with them given an opportunity. Some of them I've even slept with in the same bed...but never touched.
    "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers"

This definitely says something for the oft uttered statement:
    "I don't want to have sex with her, she's just a friend. I love you."'

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyboy View Post
    I have girlfriends that I am no attracted to at all and would not have sex with them given an opportunity. Some of them I've even slept with in the same bed...but never touched.
    It's called the Utlra-Friend-Zone, I've been there. Had three ladies fall asleep in bed with me, one even laying on top of me...But then again I was half in love with one of them, and ended up falling in completely in love with the other. Got that one too, for a short time. Ahh the good ol'days.

Quote Originally Posted by brahman View Post
    It's called the Utlra-Friend-Zone, I've been there. Had three ladies fall asleep in bed with me, one even laying on top of me...But then again I was half in love with one of them, and ended up falling in completely in love with the other. Got that one too, for a short time. Ahh the good ol'days.
    I think of "friend zone" as those who are friends with someone that they truly want to be more friends with.

My example...I don't want anything more then to be friends...just saying it does happen with men/women.
    "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers"

Some guy friends have ulterior motives some dont. I came across this this weekend when one of my guy friends kept trying to peck me on the lips, eventually he grabbed my face and put his lips on mine really forcefully and actually hurt my face, I was so disgusted by his behaviour I just said 'look im going' and left. I told my bf and he was just made that someone who is both our friends would act like that.

And he was behaving like that in a BIG group of our friends. I've lost many a guy friend over them trying it on. I dont accept it. If they try it on, their no friend of mine. Then again theirs many friends of mine that are like brothers to me and act like my brother.
    Last edited by SapphireNoir10; 06-29-2009 at 10:59 AM.

This is a great thread! Is it honestly realistic to assume that every platonic male friend we have wants to knock socks with us though? Taking on that attitude would seem a little presumptuous and "holier than thou" to me and I'd really love to continue to think that men's brains function beyond, "I must hit that."

The more attractive you are, the greater the chances I think

Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...