Have any of you had an incorrect first impression of someone?

Kalika

Have you ever met someone and formed an impression of them, only to find out months or years later that you were completely wrong?

I've dated guys I thought were great and then they turned out to be.. horrible.

The guy I'm dating now, I didn't really see much of a future with initially, but as we've gotten closer and become less afraid of each other, I am liking him more and more. Initially we had some problems because we were both afraid to show our feelings and because we were both trying hard not to appear needy, we both acted like we weren't interested. But we had a long talk about it, and things have completely changed. And we are becoming good friends. I feel comfortable talking to him about things that I haven't told many people at all, and he is eager to get to know more about me. We communicate easily, and the awkwardness is going away and we're very comfortable around each other. Lately we have been having phone conversations that lasted hours, and we don't run out of things to say. And he is making a supreme effort to make me happy and let me know that he cares a good deal about me.

Anyways, I didn't expect it. I really think that even if things don't work out between us, we will be able to remain friends. On our first date, I didn't even know if I'd ever talk to the kid again or not!

Any similar experiences ?

Yeah! definitely. I started talking to someone last year and he thought I was really annoying and girlie- a year on and we're really good friends and I can't imagine not talking to him now! It's weird how some friendships/ relationships turn out.

Hk87

yeah, my current girlfriend....she came accross so classy and self-respecting when we met and for many months afterward..so much so, that i fell in love...many months down the road i find out that she's molested by an unnamed family member, raped twice, slept with her 37 year old boss when she was 16, played the groupie and slept with a well known pop star, had many one-night stands (and sees nothing wrong with that), slept with many guys between 8-17(one when she was 40 and the guy was 23!) years younger than herself, slept with brothers at different time periods, got herpes from her cheating first husband, had a drunken threesome with one of her boyfriends and his boss, engaged in group sex, wife swapping/swinging, and many f/f/m threesomes all with her second husband...how's that for thinking you know someone and being completely wrong?

Man she takes the cake for all the people with women with issues I have ever heard about. Jesus.