Sex and Menstruation?

The blood can lubricate, which can make things more enjoyable. But personally I prefer to use a tampon before having sex, so there's not much blood inside and none outside. Sex on your period is normally fantastic because your hormones make you horny and also it's very sensitive inside.

I find that if condoms are used, there's generally no mess. If you don't use condoms (ie: on birth control and in a committed, trusting relationship) then his semen mixed with your blood can make a mess. In that case, use a towel or do it in the shower.

It depends how heavy your period is. If you have heavy periods it will be messy, light periods, not so messy. It's a good idea for him to wear a condom and to put a towel down if you're concerned about messing up your sheets or whatever you're on. I've never heard a guy say he enjoyed the blood. Ever. Some don't mind it, others are grossed out by it but I have no idea if any actually like it. Some women get more turned on during their period than other times but it all depends on her really.

Hey there,

I can depend what day you are in your cycle. For me, the second full day of my period is at its heaviest. So, I prefer not to that day. However, the last few days are much lighter so it is not as messy.

If you decide to have sex during your period you can do a few things. You can lay old towels down on the bed or you can do it in the shower. I have noticed that orgasms help my cramps not be as intense. So, there can be a benefit of having sex during your period. It can feel better because there is more "lubrication" but I guess it depends on the person.

It varies from couple to couple. You have to do what is comfortable for you and your boyfriend.

I've gone with the bloody mess at times. It's usually the girl who puts the brakes on it. If she feels comfortable with the whole thing that is.

One g/f said that it helped her with cramps (though maybe it just took her mind off it) I must admit though, the first time we did it, it was a bit horrifying after I withdrew to see my penis covered in blood. I'm not squemish much but see the "gore" in that area of my body took me aback a bit.

I supposed it all depends on the couples comfort levels with bodily functions etc.

Yes, towels are very useful. I can't say that the blood made it comfortable really, kinda "sploosy" actually. Wasn't a "turn on" but wasn't totally a turn off either. I suppose some guys might have a "kink" about it. There seems to be no limit as to what some people get into.

I have never been bothered by a woman's period during sex. Sex with a little mess or no sex is a simple choice. If I feel like having sex, then the mess is not an issue, ohter than to contain it. A towel beneath contains it, in my experience.

I would also say that many women are self-conscious or uncomfortable about having sex at that time. And some expect men to want to stay away. It have also been my experience that a woman is often very happy when the man is not one who wants to stay away from sex during those times.

Ah yes, the "sex during menstruation" topic... The blood can add extra lubricant to the vagina... a towel might be needed if you are having sex on a quilt or something you don't want to mess up and your flow is heavy. When I have sex on my period, I find that the flow of blood is a lot less, even on a first day of menstruation. Maybe its a biological thing? Who knows? But all I know is, a little thing like my period ain't gonna keep me from gettin' my groove on!! Lol!