simple question, what are the reasons why women date much older guys?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Older guys I think are more understanding and patient and they don't look at every woman as a conquest. They are also able to look beyond the surface of a person and into what the lady is all about, her personality and her heart, not her looks and what she can bring him.

Younger people/guys tend to be more shallow and more into looks and stuff. But then, what do I know, I tend to date guys more my age, although older guys appeal to me to.

some women even like older looking men and find them sexy.

I do -phwoar- I would never do anything about it tho.

I just prefer how older men tend to have their heads screwed on better than the younger ones

Plus some of them are plain sexy... Kevin Spacey? omg

Ah, another reason comes to mind: Women mature a few years quicker than men, so that would play a factor. By about 3 years or so.

Do you have a respectable study to confirm that opinion? If not then how can you be so sure?

I don't know why enotalone doesn't have a mandatory "back up your "facts" with evidence policy"...

Do you have a respectable study to confirm that opinion? If not then how can you be so sure?

I don't know why enotalone doesn't have a mandatory "back up your "facts" with evidence policy"...

When things are common knowledge like that tho...

its a puberty thing, it just is...

it is kind of counter productive, however, seeing as it means that women are attracted to older men, but seeing as women live longer...

silly silly evolution!!

As I said, it is sad (but true) that I actually have to cite my damned posts.

I think I remember why I said I was leaving before, when I posted as Kevin T. Sorry I came back.

(See? Men can be emotional too!) lol Bah.

And if you really want a source, go do a search or pick up any simple text book on human biology. Geez.

it is kind of counter productive, however, seeing as it means that women are attracted to older men, but seeing as women live longer...

silly silly evolution!!

I DEFINITELY havn't seen females on average go through puberty 3 years before boys do as the original poster i quoted from had said.

Just because alot of people seem to mindlessly repeat something, it doesn't make it a fact. By that reasoning Saddam Hussein was partly responsible for the WTC attacks, alot of people still believe that but it doesn't make it true.

And if you really want a source, go do a search or pick up any simple text book on human biology. Geez.

Find me a single source that says girls go through puberty on average 3 years before boys do as the original poster had stated. If you do I'll concede but I suspect you won't find one.

Edit: I edited out a unnecessary sentence

silly silly evolution!!

She didn't say they went through puberty at different times, but that the maturity gap was a side effect of puberty.

Well then she won't mind explaining how puberty bounces a girls intelligence and maturity automatically 3 years upwards upon growing breasts and getting her period.

I interpreted it to mean that she was trying to claim girls go through puberty earlier and done puberty=maturity, an thus girls=more mature. But if that wasn't what she was arguing then she could still explain what occurs to make girls gaining 3 years more maturity such an unchallengeable fact?

I am not a chick, bud.

Two: I would post citations, but you don't have access to my university's library, so you can't read the info there. And most online journals require PAYMENT to read their articles. Would you like to pay to see the citations?

I am not a chick, bud.

Two: I would post citations, but you don't have access to my university's library, so you can't read the info there. And most online journals require PAYMENT to read their articles. Would you like to pay to see the citations?

My post was directed towards "Eva gina" not you.

Two: Nonsense, you have a copy/paste button on your browser, use it.

I'm not going to waste my time.

Believe whatever you want. You will anyway.

(That wasn't directed at you, dako)

Concession accepted. What's so hard about admitting you can't find any?

P.S. I'm perfectly willing to change my mind if justs someone could point to any study, instead of vaguely mentioning they read something by some doctor somewhere. But not a single person has been able to.

No idea, I don't wear underwear

Thank you.

Concession accepted. What's so hard about admitting you can't find any?

P.S. I'm perfectly willing to change my mind if justs someone could point to any study, instead of vaguely mentioning they read something by some doctor somewhere. But not a single person has been able to.

No idea, I don't wear underwear

Thank you.

Haven't looked. Don't care.

Didn't you get that the first time?

I have nothing to prove to you. Either believe me, or don't. I know what I read and if you can't accept that, then I can live with that.

and just so you know, even if you saw a study on it... you can't believe it anyway. Studies don't count here, you know.

The sad thing is you're not even realizing that you just blatently LIED to me and admitted it with that post.

Or did you not just a page ago say "I found studies but you need university access to see them". And now its "I havn't looked bothered to look" ?

So which is it?

If you don't want to debate this further then fine, but don't pretend your "taking the high road" by refusing to do something as simple as copy/pasting study's as you said you could do.

The sad thing is you're not even realizing that you just blatently LIED to me and admitted it with that post.

Or did you not just a page ago say "I found studies but you need university access to see them". And now its "I havn't looked bothered to look" ?

So which is it?

If you don't want to debate this further then fine, but don't pretend your "taking the high road" by refusing to do something as simple as copy/pasting study's as you said you could do.

Who lied?

Just because you are ignorant of something, and someone who does know if cannot be bothered engaging you, cant be bothered going through the tedious, boring exercise of looking up stuff on e-journals to prove a point to someone he doesnt know... it doesnt mean he is lying.

anyway, I dont want to talk about that

"Genetically influenced hormonal processes regulate pubery growth. Girls, who have been advanced in physical maturity since the prenatal period, reach puberty, on average, 2 years earlier than boys."

From development through the lifespan 3rd ed. Berk, L E, 2004, Ally and Bacon.

Who lied?

Just because you are ignorant of something, and someone who does know if cannot be bothered engaging you, cant be bothered going through the tedious, boring exercise of looking up stuff on e-journals to prove a point to someone he doesnt know... it doesnt mean he is lying.

anyway, I dont want to talk about that

Look, it wasn't my intention for people to blow up me asking if anyone had any sort of evidence that girls matured faster than boys in to what it became. I also don't think that it's wrong to ask people to provide evidence when they make bold claims like that and say that they are facts. If he said "its my opinion that girls mature faster" than I'd have let it go but he said it was a fact so I challenged him to provide proof and he didn't. I'm not sure what you're lecturing me about, I didn't realize it was taboo to ask for evidence if someone was going to make a claim. If you can't back up your own claims with evidence, then its best calling them "opinions", isn't it ?

"Genetically influenced hormonal processes regulate pubery growth. Girls, who have been advanced in physical maturity since the prenatal period, reach puberty, on average, 2 years earlier than boys."

From development through the lifespan 3rd ed. Berk, L E, 2004, Ally and Bacon.

I probably should concede the argument at this point. I'd looked on the net and in my online library journal and couldn't find anything so I assumed it was just one of those tales thats often repeated but seldom looked at to see if its correct, like the idea that "20% of men sleep with 80% of women", as is often repeated on this forum but which simply isn't true.

Anyways, one point I wasn't clear about was:

Table 2a: 1997 survey of white American girlsStages3rd percentile50th percentile97th percentileB26y 5 m10y 0 m13y 7 mB38y 7 m11y 4 m14y 1 mB410y 4 m12y 9 m15y 3 mB511y 4 m14y 6 m17y 9 mPH27y 2 m10y 5 m13y 8 mPH38y 8 m11y 5 m14y 2 mPH410y 5 m14y 7 m14y 7 mPH510y 10 m12y 2 m16y 8 mMenarche10y 6 m12y 10 m15y 3 mPeak height velocity10y 0 m12y 6 m14y 0 mTable 2b: Recent survey of African-American girlsStages3rd percentile50th percentile97th percentileB25y 0 m8y 11 m12y 10 mB37y 7 m10y 2 m12y 11 mPH24y 9 m8y 9 m12y 9 mPH37y 6 m10y 3 m13y 0 mMenarche9y 10 m12y 2 m14y 6 m

Table 3a: Ages of attainment of pubertal stages for American boysStages3rd percentile50th percentile97th percentilePH29y 11 m12y 0 m14y 1 mPH311y 3 m13y 1 m14y 11 mPH412y 0 m13y 10 m15y 9 mG29y 3 m11y 6 m13y 9 mG310y 2 m12y 4 m14y 8 mG411y 3 m13y 3 m15y 5 m

(pulled off wiki but originally off National Health Centre Statistics)

link removed

(Tanner et al., 1985)

You can see from the table that in the 97th percentile, boys do lag behind girls in puberty but only at a relatively insignificant 5-6 month period when compared with white girls. Interestingly, black girls seem to mature much faster than both boys and white girls as seen in the chart. So I was just attempting to argue that theres alot of factors at play when it comes to physical maturation, and gender is only one area of a whole host of factors that play on teens when they mature. So it's a bit reckless to automaticaly award girls the award for most mature when there physical maturity is for the most part propped up because black girls seem to mature much faster than boys AND girls there age.

I guess what I'm basically getting at is that by the time of dating age (16) both boys and girls are for the most part on equal footing (althogh a minority percentage of boys and a smaller percentage of girls will still be going through puberty). I basicaly challenge the idea that by the time teens are at the age where most begin dating, that one gender is physically more mature than the other when they essentially have both reached a similar level of physical maturity by that point of there lives.

Again, I'm not arguing with your point that girls physically mature quicker than boys, I'm arguing that I'm not so sure that this makes a difference by the time that both genders are at dating age (16 for many people).

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to cite your information.

EDIT: SHOOT, MY TABLE SCREWED UP ON COPY/PASTE, BUT ITS ON THE LINK IF YOU CLICK IT AND WANT TO SEE..