Brazilian Wax??

Ok girls, anyone ever had this done before? How badly does it hurt? Can you do it at home on your own? Is it worth it? How long does it last before hair starts to grow back? And guys, how would you like for your girl to surprise you with one on a special night? Would you be pleasantly surprised or weirded out?

I'm seriously thinking about getting one but it sounds so painful... I am afraid of getting a rash or something. I need to know some stories about how this went for other girls please!!!!!!

DO IT!!!! Trust me, you will LOVE IT! I still kick myself in my A** for not doing it sooner. I was scared too and thought it would hurt like HELL! and to be honest, it wasnt so bad at all. the trick is finding the RIGHT person to do it. my lady who I get my brazilian from is AMAZING and i mean, AMAZING!! she has over 20 years experience and she is so quick that it doesnt hurt that bad at all. the only part that will hurt is the strip in the front, everything else will feel like you're getting your legs waxed or something. and my wax lady told me that all the bf's LOVE her cause their gf's get their brazilians done from her. so good luck and give it a shot. You will LOVE it and so will your bf... trust me

remember, find a GOOD Experienced waxing person, thats the trick!

Hey there,

I got Brazilian Waxes done last year but had to stop because I had to cut back on the "nicey nicie's." I won't lie, they are a bit uncomfortable especially around the sensitive area if you know what I mean. The skin will not be smooth and silky until your second or third waxing.

I recommend you go to a nicer spa/salon rather than a small time salon. You want a pro to do this, a person whom is quick and efficent. The nicer spas/salons tend employ these kinds of "pros." The girl I used to go to was awesome, she was personable, had a HUGE clientele, and had a way of putting her clients at ease. Don't worry about being embarrassed, this is their job, their profession.

What will happen is you go into a private room, and the wax technician will ask you to take off your shoes, pants and underware. Then you will put on these cloth-like thong underware and then you will lay onto a table. Then she will ask you if you want a strip or take it all off. Then she will prep up the skin with a solution. Then she will work in sections. She will tell you when it be uncomfortable and to take a deep breath. Once all the hair has been removed, she will use tweezers to get stray hairs then she will use a cooling lotion. And then you are done. The waxing can last between 4-6 weeks.

I do not recommend you do this at home. I rather have it done by a pro who know what she is doing. It is worth the money to me. And in the summer, it is awesome. No worries about bikini lines, razor burns and bumps. Hope this helped.

I've been doing my own since I first got pubic hair. All I can say is, EXFOLIATE! I have so many scars from infected ingrown hairs. I'm quite ashamed of my area now. I was doing this since before it became rather mainstream and I didn't know about ingrowns when I started. Since I've been exfoliating, I haven't had a problem.

It doesn't hurt me now, but it did the first few times but it's definitely worth the pain. The boys love it!

I would recommend getting it professionally done the first few times and then start by doing just bikini line waxes until you get the hang of doing the whole thing yourself. Just make sure you moisturise afterwards.

I think it's just plain awesome... so much more so than you could ever expect!!! It blew me away the first time - it makes an incredible difference... only thing is - I think it can cause you to get aroused at any random time - without any stimulation.... hehe - be warned!!!

I'm not one for guy's doing it though - I like a hair free man - if it's natural... if he comes with hair - he stays that way!!! I personally find men waxing and shaving down there a little creepy!

I'm not one for guy's doing it though - I like a hair free man - if it's natural... if he comes with hair - he stays that way!!! I personally find men waxing and shaving down there a little creepy!

It makes it look a little bigger and there's no risk of bobbing your head into a bush

I would recommend going to a Korean place. They always do a better job than fancy spas.

Whether or not it will hurt completely depends on your hair. If you have dark, thick hair it will likely hurt alot. It may also bleed and it will probably be bumpy for the first few days. If you have fine, blonde hair like me, it won't hurt at all. You'll just have to try it to see how it feels for you. You can always pop a couple tylenols before your first time in case it's horrible.

Thanks girls! I am more than likely going to get one now. It sounds like there is nothing but good that comes with them!! How do I find a pro though??

Do your research well! Search for online reviews of Salons, don't get anything done on the cheap (I pay $75 for an upscale place, I don't trust anyone else!). One other thing: if you can find a place that has the type of wax that dries and contracts around the hairs, that will reduce the pain: it doesn't use strips so it doesn't stick to your skin, only the hair.

Actually, that is what I was going to say..... You may want to try getting a depil. cream (that's safe for bikini area) or shaving first off the bat - check that you like the no hair thing first... one of my close friends gave it a try and she felt like a 12 year old and didn't want to try it again.... at least it grows back faster and it's pain-free this way... might be a thought for the first time? 'cause it really can hurt - if you do go ahead with a wax, you might use icey face washers to calm the redness and swelling afterward!

• 9 months later...

I've been doing my own waxing (usually Brazilian or Hollywood) for about three years now and I love it. I've never had it professionally done because I couldn't afford it at the time, and now I don't really feel the need to as I'm pretty good at it. However I'd recommend, as someone else in this thread said, to get it professionally done the first few times, and then practice on your bikini area before getting to the more intimate parts!

I've been doing my own since I first got pubic hair. All I can say is, EXFOLIATE! I have so many scars from infected ingrown hairs. I'm quite ashamed of my area now. I was doing this since before it became rather mainstream and I didn't know about ingrowns when I started. Since I've been exfoliating, I haven't had a problem.

It doesn't hurt me now, but it did the first few times but it's definitely worth the pain. The boys love it!

I would recommend getting it professionally done the first few times and then start by doing just bikini line waxes until you get the hang of doing the whole thing yourself. Just make sure you moisturise afterwards.

Bareing in mind I'm a brit, what moisturisers are ok for that area? and how soon after the waxing OR shaving should you do it

For me, when I was living in Connecticut it was $50, plus a $10 tip. Unless I am very unhappy with the results or service, I always tip folks 20%. Probably because I am waitress.

$50 for a bikin wax? AND A TIP? I thought everything was supposed to be cheaper in the states. I pay £10 for a bikini wax. (and we don't do tipping here!).