ML, I have read some of your other posts. You seem to have a very condescending and stereotypical view of women.

I, personally, don't feel like I need constant support from men. I also don't expect guys to buy me things. I work two jobs and if I want something I whip out my own cash and buy it.

And I am not one of those pissed off feminist chicks either. I do think a lot of women get away with more then they should, and a lot of women expect to be spoiled and worshipped, but not all women, as you seem to think.

My SO would tell you if he was here that I am speaking the truth here.

As for this situation, instead of hitting her you should have just told her it was over and asked her to leave. You both are better off without each other from the way it sounds.

What are you talking about? Nothing I did here has anything to do with my masculinity. You expect me to let her hit me just because she's a woman? You're entirely wrong here. I do not let ANYONE, male or female strike me without consequence. If she wants to act like a man, I'll treat her like a man.

As far as showing integrity and strength, I think we make those standards for ourselves don't we? Real men have a pair of testicles and a penis.

I never even said the word 'masculinity'! It does however show your lack of integrity and lack of strength! You could have paid her back with a phone call to 911 and have her arrested for battery. That would have done the trick.

By her slapping you...how does that say she's acting like a man? Obviously not only men slap!

TheFogLifter Hi, thats some of the most offensive stuff I've read on this site. You can't apply logic and reason when talking to women? Thats the most narrow minded view I have ever heard. I don't know what cave you grew up in, but I hate to break the news to you, but more and more women are going to college, getting degrees, and entering the work force...

And from personal experience, they are just as logical and reasonable as men are.....

The 1800's called... they want their stereotype back

Well said! And Foglifter, I think you're going to find that having that mentality with women won't get you very far with them...

To the OP, like the others said, just because she was wrong doesn't mean you had to act the same way. You both need to work on your anger in my opinion...

Both of us had a talk with the authorities. During the middle of it, she burst into tears and started balling excessively. I found it ridiculous that she needed me so much, yet she wouldn't allow me to get close to her.

The authorities took her away from my home, and later informed me that she is seriously emotionally disturbed. I'm not going to even try and help her now that she isn't a part of my life.

I however am still curious about one thing though. She told the authroities that I was a horrible boyfriend and that I never supported her emotionally, or even tried to communicate with her. As I stated before, I tried t ocommunicate with her countless times, and she shoved me away. thereforeeee, I just gave up. What else was I supposed to do? Keep pursuing and getting pushed away? I think it would get annoying after a while...

Maybe it was the way you were communicating with each other. She might have needed support from you in a certain way and you were providing it in another. Not to say one way is better than other, people just have different needs. I'll give you an example...

I went on a first date with this guy and during the date my mother called (my phone was on so that he could call the taxi) and I won't ignore a call from my mom. She called to say that my best friend's dog had died. I told him this when I got off (it was a very short phone call) and he goes, "Should I ask if you're OK or something?"

To me, that was offensive. It said, this shouldn't really matter and you shouldn't be upset, but I'll ask just to cover my bases. To him he probably thought that he was checking to make sure I'm OK and that he was being supportive.

You can see how while one person has the intention of trying to communicate, depending on how it's done the other person may not perceive it in the way you intended.

I never even said the word 'masculinity'! It does however show your lack of integrity and lack of strength!

Two things that I have said before we as human beings set our own standards for. Honestly, I am not offended by someone who says I do not have integrity. To me, integrity is a ridiculous honor title that social conservatives use to judge people. So stop wasting your time by telling me that I have no "integrity," and "strength." It's really getting to the point of it being comical.

Two things that I have said before we as human beings set our own standards for. Honestly, I am not offended by someone who says I do not have integrity. To me, integrity is a ridiculous honor title that social conservatives use to judge people. So stop wasting your time by telling me that I have no "integrity," and "strength." It's really getting to the point of it being comical.

I'm glad that I can humor you...

I also find it awesome that I'm the only one who you chose to converse with..lol

While so many others have said the same thing I have....and agree with me, it seems that I'm the only one you will addess...

You do what you feel you need to do.....and watch just how much you have to continue to deal with the law.

I might add, why haven't you answered Ash's question?

Glad you've got so much free time, maybe you could actually take in what people are saying? Or read your own post as southerngirl as pointed out you haven't? You asked about whether it was self-defence, we said no, and you decided you didn't care whether we thought it was or not. You can't just get arsey when the replies aren't the ones you wanted or expected. Everyone one these boards has to accept some criticism at some point or another - maybe this time you should?

A friend of mine and her husband were having a disagreement, she put her hands on his arms, as to soothe him, and then he slammed her into a wall. he called the police on her because she touched him first (even though the touch wasn't a hit, it was just meant to calm him down). They both got in trouble with the law and the police were not at all sympathetic to her. or him either.

I doubt that hitting her back would be considered 'self-defense' unless she kept coming at you (more than one slap) or she had a weapon. but, I don't know the laws in your state.