Valentine's Day gift advice, please.

LCD01

OK, I've been dating this wonderful girl for about two weeks now and want to get her something for Valentine's Day. I hate doing the cliche dozen red roses (even though her favorite flower is a rose), so I thought maybe a gift

certificate to a day spa (massage) might be cool. She's busy with school, work and her son so maybe she would like a day to relax. Or I could just give her the roses. Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hmmm....I think that's a pretty extravagant gift after just two weeks of dating. Some people might be uncomfortable with that. At this juncture, I'd honestly just go with the roses. It may be cliche, but she has already told you they're her favorite flowers, so you know she'd like them. I am sure she would like a visit at a day spa, too, but she might feel a little taken aback at such a lavish gift given at such an early juncture. Unless things have gotten pretty intense very fast for you two.

Hmmm....I think that's a pretty extravagant gift after just two weeks of dating. Some people might be uncomfortable with that. At this juncture, I'd honestly just go with the roses. It may be cliche, but she has already told you they're her favorite flowers, so you know she'd like them. I am sure she would like a visit at a day spa, too, but she might feel a little taken aback at such a lavish gift given at such an early juncture. Unless things have gotten pretty intense very fast for you two.

Hmm...I didn't think of that...good point. So maybe just do the spa gift...not something added with it.

I agree with Scout-spa is too much too soon.

I'd say one long stemmed rose and dinner.

Casual enough for two wks, but still sweet.

I am with Scout and micheleth on the spa idea. It is too extravagant.

But theone rose diea is way too cliche and should only be reserved for instances when you really are in love with someone, and it's all known, and two weeks is much too soon for that. So, no to the rose.

What to get then? Something that fits her. If I knew her interests, I would be right there with her on those. For example, when I knew a woman loved simply candy that was almost pure sugar, she got for Valentines' Day an overabundance of conversation hearts. When I had a woman who loved animal prints, I bought such things as tiger-striped shoes, leopard throws, etc. When I had a woman who wanted to work on her gold game, I got her a book on golf. The best gifts are the ones that are unique or directed right at that person, and which would fit few others.

If I knew this woman's interests, I might be able to suggest more. But, she is a busy mother, student and works too. Instead of giving her a day at a spa, I might consider giving her a day or a night off in some respect. I'd think about arranging for a number of her errands to just get done, any errands that take up time, and then let her use that time as she wishes.

All I know is I wouldn't say no to a day in a spa

I wouldn't either! But if you wanna know the truth, I am more suggesting to hold off on the spa idea just in case her interest isn't as strong as his at this point. It may be crass to say, but that's a lot of money to spend on someone that you don't know where things are going, and it seems logical to assume after only two weeks this could be the case.

Not to be a bucket of cold water on the parade. Perhaps she's gaga over him.

But theone rose diea is way too cliche and should only be reserved for instances when you really are in love with someone, and it's all known, and two weeks is much too soon for that. So, no to the rose.

I think you're right Beec. The ONE rose is very very romantic IMO. I'm not big on Vday, but if he's gonna get something, just one simple rose is what I'm hoping for.

So yeah, it would be too romantic for 2 wks.