how do I handle this one???

my ex just sent me an email asking about were his unemployement check was that should have arrived at the house. Well, he had told me that I was forwarding it to the wrong address and also, did not even thank me for forwarding those checks! his message was really formal, "hello, thanks".. whatever. I gave the check to my friend who is seeing him this weekend. To not break no contact (because I really am getting over this loser) how can I tell him to get his mail together??

my ex just sent me an email asking about were his unemployement check was that should have arrived at the house. Well, he had told me that I was forwarding it to the wrong address and also, did not even thank me for forwarding those checks! his message was really formal, "hello, thanks".. whatever. I gave the check to my friend who is seeing him this weekend. To not break no contact (because I really am getting over this loser) how can I tell him to get his mail together??

Unemployment checks should have a change of address form on them acctually. If this continues, he's probably doing it on purpose.

Hello Mariab,

Hmm.

It does seem that he is being pretty ungrateful, alot of people wouldn't want the responsibility.

I'd go ahead and break NC, just in this instance and tell him it simply isn't your responsibility, and the question is not open for debate either.

Who needs that.

Best wishes

Jeff

If he's apparently refusing the change his address for whatever reason, you writing "Wrong address" on the envelope and dropping it in the nearest post box will soon get him to change it.

There are some actual legalities (at least where I live) that require you to inform certain places when you have had a change of address. You're not actually obligated to get his mail to him at all, although you may certainly choose to do so as a favour, but not forever.