Just a little question here. I've recently met a guy who I get along really well with (met him through a friend online, never met him in real life yet). & we want to meet up with each other, but I'm scared!

But anyway that's not the point. I'm 18 and he's 23, do you think that the age gap is too big? I like him but i'm worried that he will think I'm just a little kid!

Opinions anyone?

Just a little question here. I've recently met a guy who I get along really well with (met him through a friend online, never met him in real life yet). & we want to meet up with each other, but I'm scared!

But anyway that's not the point. I'm 18 and he's 23, do you think that the age gap is too big? I like him but i'm worried that he will think I'm just a little kid!

Opinions anyone?

I don't think that's even an age gap, really. However, you apparently think it is. Don't worry. Would he think it is? I don't know. Likely it's not a problem. I read somewhere that a 5 year age difference is the norm for married couples in the USA, and up to 10 years is common. So you are as statistically normal in age difference as it gets for. Relax. In other parts of world, more age-gap diff than USA is common. Relax.

If you become friends with him first, or at least friendly acquaintances, he will think of you as the person you are, which is not defined by age.

Age is a superficial way to judge someone.

=============

Before anyone else gets the wrong idea, I'm referring to consenting adults here. These people are consenting adults.

no way is that too big of an age difference. i'm practically 18 (three weeks from today) and really like this guy who is 23. we get along great. he acts like a teenager anyway, because guys mature a lot slower than girls anyway! of course you can't determine if it matters until you meet him, because every guy is different. but my answer is NO that's definitlely not an age gap that matters so much. like the other person said when you're 20 and hes 25 nobody will care. of course i'm a little biased since i'm in the same situation but w/e.