shallow reasons for attraction?

Caterina

I've noticed that a lot of guys are only interested in me because one person was originally interested in me. Meaning, most guys only like me because one guy liked me. Otherwise, if no initial person chooses to like me, no one does. Do you think its true that men are usually only attracted to someone that they know other people like?

Girls are really guilty of that too. I think it's natural... once people find something attractive or alluring, other people jump on the bandwagon. It's like a "fashion trend" and whatnot.

A lot of girls started flocking to my boyfriend (now my ex) when I was with him. He never had a REAL girlfriend until me so I guess since we were together, girls saw he was boyfriend material.

Girls do it too.

My explination is once a person becomes an object of desire for someone else, others begin to look at them to see what makes them desireable and usually see it.

I got virtually no attention from girls the first 15 years of my life until one girl openly came out about liking me and then after that I'd hear someone else liked me at least once a month... But it (sort of) stopped when I started going out with my girlfriend.

I personally couldn't care what other men like. I like what I like. If I observed two equally attractive women and one had a bunch of guys flocking around her, and the other was alone. I'd go for the alone woman. She'd appreciate me more.

However, I've observed women to very often be guilty of what you describe. So I try to work that to my advantage. Hey, I didn't make them that way, but if that's how many of them are, then I'm going to try and get their ridiculous system working in my favor, instead of against me.

At work I've got it working for me, at least in regard to friends. At my favorite club, I had it working for me until my friend quit working there. She was often sending women for me to meet. To bad she's gone now. We're still friends, but she now works in an older club establishment with older clientele. She's was the activities director at the first place, and has the same job at second place.

Do you think its true that men are usually only attracted to someone that they know other people like?

I don't think that's true. I think it adds to your appeal, but it's not the only reason they'll be attracted.

And guys and women that are only attracted to you because of things like that...usually really flakey.

• 4 weeks later...
I've noticed that a lot of guys are only interested in me because one person was originally interested in me. Meaning, most guys only like me because one guy liked me. Otherwise, if no initial person chooses to like me, no one does. Do you think its true that men are usually only attracted to someone that they know other people like?

No way. I do not think guys operate in this way AT ALL. At least I don't.

I do suspect women do though - ie. a LOT of men tell me it's hard to meet women UNTIL they get a girlfriend, then women come at them left and right. And I have heard from women that whatever a guy looks like, their interest is oerked if he has an attractive girlfriend, because the men may have some mysterious quality that they want to find out about.