I often think about where the man God made for me is, right now. Where is the man I will marry someday? What's his name? What does he look like? I wish I could 'flip ahead' in this book of my life and skip to the ending. How does it end? Sigh. I'm sorry, I don't mean to whine. I just feel kind of down. Now all the excitment of the holidays are over, and I'm feeling pretty down. Does true love exist? I also wonder what I could offer another person. Sometimes guys at school (I'm a senior in college) talk around me about how they wish they could find a girl, and I swear, it's like I'm invisible, like I'm not even an option. It is so frustrating! I am not invisible! This empty hole in me will never be filled until I have found my soulmate. Wherever you are, please don't be too long. I'm waiting for you.

I too sometimes, hate to play the waiting game. But I realize if I let myself get depressed, wishing I had someone else, wishing for my first kiss already, then I will simply waste my time and energy. We have to be strong and have patience. We must continue with our lives and move forward. That's what I think. Don't worry about not having someone now; enjoy life. They'll come one day, I'm sure of it. Nothing lasts forever.

Interesting topic. I sometimes think about the same things especially after getting out of a 10 year relationship with someone who I always thought I would be with forever. I am not impatient at all about this and know things have a funny way of working themselves out when it is the right time.

I have been at this point too. The funny thing is, that I learned, the second you stop looking for love, it finds you! My friend said this to me and less than a week later my hunny came knockin on my door! Just relax about it. Its hard to do, but dont waste away in life stressing over something that will eventually come! ENjoy life! Do the things you love! Before you know it, opportunity will come a'knockin!

• 4 weeks later...
I have been at this point too. The funny thing is, that I learned, the second you stop looking for love, it finds you! My friend said this to me and less than a week later my hunny came knockin on my door! Just relax about it. Its hard to do, but dont waste away in life stressing over something that will eventually come! ENjoy life! Do the things you love! Before you know it, opportunity will come a'knockin!

I am always amazed that people keep giving this advice Yes, that strategy may work for some people, and it's always how things work out in romantic comedy movies. But for people like me who are not designed to be loved, this is simply a form of false hope. As if just going about your everyday life and not thinking about love will miraculously end many years of sadness and loneliness and heartbreak. This strategy requires too much faith in the idea that there is a happy ending for everyone. Life isn't Hollywood. Not everyone wins the big game. And one of the worst things you can have in this world is faith; it's a recipe for disappointment. After years of loneliness punctuated by several periods in which I thought I was loved by someone only to have the relationships all end badly, I don't believe that sitting back and relaxing is going to solve my love problems. That would be too easy