Desperate Housewife....

Lboogie23

I'm a stay at home mom, and i don't get out much. I have two very young children that i care for everyday. I love my fiance, hes good to me, and a great father and provider for our family.

But every now and then i get this itch like i just want to have a wild fling with someone. In my heart i know i could never betray my man. But i was just wonering if any other women or even men have ever had these feelings and what do you make of them?

TOTALLY DUDE!!

I too am a (mostly) bored housewife. I have 3 kids, only one of which is in school full time.

I say.....indulge the fantasy - keeping it in the fantasy realm of course. Also, get a lot of breaks to go out with friends. Take time out for you occasionally, believe me, you will go mental if you don't!

i think that's just telling you you are bored in general right now, and want some excitement... very common fantasy for young mothers trapped inside with kids and no outside adult interactions...

the trick is to spice things up with your partner, and try some new fun stuff with them... you might discover the fantasy fades if you are getting more excitement in the bedroom from your man...

you also might want to plan ways to get out of the house more with your kids, or with other mothers and doing activities that break up the humdrum of daily existence... everyone can get bored, but it is best to try to find stimulation in ways and things that won't destroy your home, and an affair can easily do that...

Fantasizing about another man isn't good, nor healthy for the marriage in the long run. This is just the first sign that something has gone wrong in your relationship, as small as it may seem right now, you can't seem to pinpoint it on the spot.

I disagree with the majority here! Fantasizing about another man is not something you should indulge in. It's "emotionally cheating" on your husband/fiance. Nor is it merely from boredom.

Don't confuse boredom with a problem in your relationship; that's just grounds for disaster. You're not "just bored" and thereforeeee emotionally cheating on your husband/fiance. It doesn't work like that. Sorry.

If you're merely bored, you'd tell your husband/fiance, and you'd plan a "fling" for just the two of you to do.

If you're merely bored, you'd take up some kind of activity to get rid of that boredom.

If you're not satisfied with your current relationship, then you are going to fantasize about another man. Huge difference, please don't mix them up.

I'd suggest you see a counselor if you can't stop thinking about this. Maybe he/she can help you out with some good advice on what to do to overcome this.

Maybe plan something big with your fiance? Like taking a trip somewhere; going to the beach with him alone for a night with candles and some wine. Etc. etc.

Something needs to be done, because fantasizing is just the first step, the next is physically doing it. Even if you do not ever do it physically, thinking about it is still cheating... emotional cheating. Which is, imo, just about as bad. What good is someones body, if their mind and heart aren't fully set upon you?

That can lead to disaster in the long run. Resentment can build, and if not let go, can blow up in your face over time.

So, again, seek a counselor, or just speak to your fiance about how you feel.

Communication is key!