Ladies, what would you think if your boyfrined did this for you?

tomorrow is me and my girlfriend's 11 month anniversary. i am in college and i have an extremely tight budget. and the way things turn out...on the 14th it's her birthday, then there's christmas 2 weeks later, then right after that is our 1 year anniversary. so what little money i have i have to make due through these upcoming big events.

i always heard making something is always more thoughtful then buying something. so here's what im doing for her tomorrow...ladies, tell me straight up what you would think...even if you think my idea sucks!

i cut a piece of paper into 11 rectangles and then folded them in half to make little cards (about the size of a cell phone or so). On ever one of them i wrote "Happy Anniversary" and under that put like, "2-6-06, 3-6-06...ect" on down the line so that the last one read "12-6-06". on the inside i wrote on the top like, "month 1" then "month 2" on the second one. then under that i wrote "do you remember..." and wrote a memory about us from that month that really stood out in my mind. on the other half of the little cards i put a word in BIG letters. then, i papercliped a piece of paper, roughly resembling a puzzle piece and attached it to the small card

so here i have 11 little cards with a memory of each month and a piece of a puzzle, and big words.

here's how it all comes together and makes sense. the big words, if read in the order from month 1 to month 11 spell out "you capture a little more of my heart every passing month!"

the puzzle pieces attached to each card, if put together right, form a heart with the words "i love you" in the middle.

it was just something i thought of last minute that i thought she'd like, but i dont know for sure. so ladies, honestly, what would you think?

No dont make something new, thats perfect, she will love it. Thats so thoughtful and romantic.....do you have a brother? lol

lol, yea, actually i do. he's your age even. but he lives in arizona.

i was nervous this idea wouldnt be good. i tend to make things then realize that it's not very good later on. i think i make them then spend all the rest of my time talking myself out of it. i need to stop doing that

girls love anything with thought. me and my boyfriend once made lists for each other as: "101 reasons why (insert name here) is the best" and i found out a lot of things about myself i didn't know and a lot of things i didn't think he noticed. it was a really good experience. maybe instead of expensive presents, you could do that for your 1 year and make dinner or have a picnic or something

shep88ner, that gift beats any shiny jewellry, flower, teddy bear or any other bought object in my book. If you genuinly took time and gave from the heart, it is the most heart warming gift to receive.

My gf made me a binder with letters and puzzles for my long flight in the summer, a heart shaped box with messages, books with memories and photos, more letters... etc... I do the same and also have colored messages hidden all over her room, I cook for her, write her songs etc... and most of these cost $0.00.

The smiles that come with these gifts are infectious and heart warming.

I concur with the others. Girls love a thoughtful gift like that over any trinket you could buy them.

One of my favorite gifts from a (cash-strapped) boyfriend was a small photo album. He'd taken various photos from my life and weaved them together with a narrative he wrote himself that became a hilarious but touching story. I love that album! I still have it, even though we broke up long ago. It was one of the most thoughtful gifts I ever received.

I'm sure your girl will feel the same about your gift!