Hi,

I'm a 24 year old male who never talks to girls (ESPECIALLY ones I find attractive), I avoid eye contact like the plague, I don't smile, I don't look happy and I am very shy with women in general. I would love to be in a relationship as I'm a very caring, warm and funny guy. I'm also smart, good looking and kind. However, I don't go out actively looking to women, I NEVER talk to strange women and I expect the women I meet to do ALL the work of flirting, initiating contact with me (verbal and otherwise), and I usually take weeks or months to get the nerve up to finally ask out the girl I like.

Why am I still single???

Wow!! Thank you for your thread. I have a male co-worker who acts the same way as you do.

Kevin T i would be honest with women and let them know you're shy or women will think you're not interested . My male co-worker doesn't give me eye contact and every time i talk to him.He's tongue tied.I gave him my phone number and he didn't call me.He's shyness got in the way.

Kevin T don't be afraid to talk to women or you're going to be single.How about small talk and talk about the weather or current events.I mean at least say hello to a woman.

No, I never even say hi. Even if a cute girl sits next to me at school and talks to me first, I still never do anything. She could be sitting there, turning her head and looking at me, doing all the other body language flirting which some women will do, and I still never say anything.

Hi,

I'm a 24 year old male who never talks to girls (ESPECIALLY ones I find attractive), I avoid eye contact like the plague, I don't smile, I don't look happy and I am very shy with women in general. I would love to be in a relationship as I'm a very caring, warm and funny guy. I'm also smart, good looking and kind. However, I don't go out actively looking to women, I NEVER talk to strange women and I expect the women I meet to do ALL the work of flirting, initiating contact with me (verbal and otherwise), and I usually take weeks or months to get the nerve up to finally ask out the girl I like.

Why am I still single???

KEVIN!!! Did you REALLY just ask "Why am I still single?"...re-read what you just posted man com'on.

What you just said was something like "I'm really really really skinny, I never go out to eat, I expect the food to be brought to me 24/7, I can't even use a fork without someone feeding me....why am I skinny?...why can't I get bigger?"

You've got to just learn man, take a risk, take a chance, this is life, you only live it once, and if you're not living it the way you want to you're wasting time. If you take months to just ask her out, she's probably more than likely not going to wait, learn to talk to EVERYONE. I don't care how you do it, just DO IT...get a part-time job at a local area where you're FORCED to talk to people or something...go volunteer. Just learn to be social around everyone and it'll come easier. You've just got to get over the fact of being shy, it's okay to be somewhat coy, but from what I read, like I said above...you're taking it to too much of an extreme if you expect some girl to just walk right into your arms.

Hi there,

Why not start small? Set yourself small challenges, so tomorrow, you have to just smile at three people. Nice, non-scary smiles. Doesn't have to be young pretty girls, can be people serving you, bus drivers, sales assistants.

It's all about practice - the more you realise that people are NOT going to be horrible to you if you're nice to them, the more confident you will be. Make yourself say one or two lines to people - if you're buying a sandwhich, comment on the weather, say 'I'll bet you'll be glad when your shift is over, eh?', just practice chatting. The beauty of it is that you just step outside your front door and there are thousands of people waiting for you to learn how to interact with them.

The more you do it, the easier it becomes. no one EVER is horrible about someone who makes small talk. No one will ever say, "Oh, that Kevin T is such a beast, he said had I noticed the gorgeous sunset". I promise you. Once you realise that people are open to your chat, you will get more and more confident.

It's all about the practice, honest. You seem like an articulate, aware man - you can do this!!!