How many here found relationships from online dating?

How many here have found relationships from online dating? I want to have a gf and a relationship! I am 28 yrs old and I have been doing online for like 6 yrs now and never could find any girls interested in me, I can't even get a date..Reason why I have been doing online dating is because I don't like the bar or club scene also I don't have alot of friends...I do go out, I go to the park, workout, to the stores and crusing, but never had any success from online dating..I have done most all of the online dating websites and wasted alot of $$ but now I am just on link removed and link removed because its free..Does anyone know anymore free dating websites? Also how many dates have you gotten from online dating? Were any of them successfull?

Online Dating is much more successful for women than men.

All women need to do is post profiles, and sort out the responses and take their pick.

Guys still need to chase....problem with online is that there are lots of other guys around to also chase. Gotta stand out somehow....and even then. I dunno..

Hmm, I don't know if that's necessarily true. I know they get a lot of guys asking for sex though...

Actually, scratch that, you're right. My female friend doesn't even have a picture on her profile, and has met plenty of guys off a dating website. But I'm sure seperating the good ones from the bad ones isn't all that easy sometimes.

I met the most amazing girl I've ever met on a dating website. We went out for about ~5 months, but I ended up leaving her, for various reasons. Even though I'm sure I just got lucky with that one, it's proof that it can happen.

However, the odds are somewhat slim...

IMO, online dating is good as a secondary form of meeting people. You really shouldn't put too much hope into it. Finding the right person really is no easy task this day in age.

I met my husband online...although it wasn't through a dating site.

He found a nearly-empty profile of mine on a BDSM website (think: message boards kinda like here, but for kinky people) and IM'ed me through Yahoo Messenger. We chatted online and on the phone for a few weeks, went on a date, he proposed a week later, and we were married less than a year after that. I met him a little over 5 years ago, and we've been married since July 02.

Best relationship either of us has ever been in.

Didn't work for me. I kept getting lost in the crowd. I dont think I was aggressive enough but I would hate it if someone was that aggresive with me. The few I did eventually meet weren't really suitable....or anything like the impression I got from their profile and chats.

If you think people lie alot on their resumes, just wait until you hit online dating!!!

Maybe try some other stuff like speed dating or one of those things. My personal favourite is the blueberry party. Everyone is at a bar with a number on their shirt and a blueberry in hand, and if you see someone your interested in you text them and start talking, if you hit it off you meet up at the end of the blueberry party. Itl be good for you because you still have the mask of a screen even if it is for a while.

I went on over 100 first "dates" with men I met on line. Out of that about 60-70% asked me out for a second date, and I was interested in seeing more than half of them again. Some of them cancelled the second date before it happened. I went out with somewhat more than a dozen of them more than 4 times, and about 5 of them for about two months or more. The longest I dated anyone I met through an online site was three months. I never had an exclusive relationship with someone I met on line - two of the men I dated more than 4 times wanted exclusive relationships with me.

Several of my friends met their spouses on line. One of them has been happily married for 5 years and they have two children. When they met in 2000, neither of them had a picture up on the site.

In general I had fun and met some quality people - some of whom i am still in touch with as friends. I also had a number of "war" stories. Nothing too terrible happened.

speed dating is a room full of people seated at chairs and you have about 1 minute to get to know each person, you change tables evry minute then you tick if you like the person. at the end of the night if there is a match you go on a proper date with them. I dont know about price or where it is. if you search google for speed dating wherever you live you should be able to find one.

Yes I did online dating adn met a few guys, marrieds though, one of them I still call a friend. However, I met the man of any girls dreams on 7/22 and we have been together ever since. We navigated through the sex on the first date and it was first-time awkward but it was chemistry and all the stars aligned and the whole deal. You just have to brace yourself and find the right website as those Harmony-esque ones don't really show the real you.

P.S. No pic of me on there only him.