Silly but seen his car yesterday and today

This is probably a stilly thread, but I saw his car twice this weekend (we have been split up three months and I have never seen it). I live in a city and yesterday I was 25 miles on the way to my mum's and I saw his car by the side of the road (it was definitely him because he has personalised reg) and I drove past.

Tonight I drove back a different route because I didn't want to see the car and in a stupid way prove that I didn't have to see the car.

Anyway, driving through the city to my house and I see his car outside a pub.

That annoyed me as he owes me loads of money and I have had the tales of woe - has enough money for drink though - anyway, drove past again and came home and called some friends.

I don't want to know what he is doing - he isn't doing it intentionally as we have no contact so neither of us know what the other is doing - but now I know what he has done this weekend and I don't want to.

We used to go there often so I suppose it is just that he is getting on with his life as I am and it just got me thinking - who is he sitting in the pub with on a Sunday afternoon.

I am sure tomorrow it won't bother me.

It has been one week since my ex and I split, last night I had to go to visit a friend who lives just two doors down from her house, I drove passed, saw the window open, the light on, her car parked outside and all I wanted to do was knock on the door, see her face smiling and cuddle up on the sofa.

It is such a difficult thing to be reminded of your ex, but I feel that each time I resist and the more able I become to accept the fact that what she does is now her business and what I do mine, the quicker I can move on.

Still NC is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do!

jules12234,

Forget about him. He's probably just doing his thing, and you just noticed his car. Shouldn't you be watching the road while driving instead of looking at cars parked on the side?

Probably should be watching the road - not looking for his car but you can't miss it it is a big green 4x4.

Regarding the payment of money - he said he will pay it when he has it and asked for time to pay it back so not really expecting to see it again as I have had letters saying that his life is in tatters and he has no money.

Anyway, I am trying to forget about him - damn hard I am trying.

Tomorrow is another day and I am sure it won't seem that bad tomorrow.

You're right - tomorrow will be easier and better.

When my ex and I first broke, I saw his posters and reminders of his presense all over. I wasn't looking - but picked it up automatically. Still thinking of him a lot and all.

At that time, I was thinking "Geez, can't you just not exist in the world for a while?" lol. Nothing mean-spirited, I only wanted him -away- so I could forget about him and move on.

Now, I notice those posters less and less. It's just another piece of paper.

And soon, his car will be just another car.

tc

oh yeah, I am the same way - after a breakup, I see his presense EVERYWHERE. could be that I see everyone driving the type of car he drives, or if he had a favorite movie, it seems like it's the only movie on TV... etc. the good news is that it all goes away with time.

good luck

Too bad you can't attach a boot to his car like the city does when someone doesn't pay parking tickets, maybe then you'd get your money back...

yea, you should be focusing how this guy has stiffed you for money with a lot of excuses but still has money for pubs etc. so don't focus on the sentimental parts of the relationship, remember that he owes you money, and good honest people who borrowed money while dating pay their debts a heck of a lot faster than this guy seems to be doing. he probably has no intention of paying you back, the breakup was his get out of jail free card when it comes to repaying that money.

sometimes you just have to write off a bad debt (and mentally do the same to recover from a bad relationship). if you step up and tell him you want your money back now and have been patient long enough, i'm sure you'll never see his car in your neighborhood again... he'll just skulk off and make sure there is no contact then, he'd actually have to pay you back!

My ex works in radio. Every station that I ever listened too; he is on! I can't stand hearing his voice, it hurst too much so I have to listen to stuff I can't stand just to avoid it. There so much stuff around town that hurts now. I guess in time it will go back to a type of normal.

My ex works in radio. Every station that I ever listened too; he is on! I can't stand hearing his voice, it hurst too much so I have to listen to stuff I can't stand just to avoid it. There so much stuff around town that hurts now. I guess in time it will go back to a type of normal.

or just listen to CDs or MP3s. link removed

plenty of ways to avoid the radio....

I encountered a situation yesterday with the ex at his work place and I haven't seen him in more than six months.

Well, the library where he works at had a book that was a required reading for a class and I wasn't about to pay well over $100 for it when I'll only need to read a chapter from it. After picking up the book, I decided to round my exit through the ER. I didn't expect him to be working but I was just curious to see what kind of an environment he works in. In the hall way, I saw him walking down from a distance reading charts. I tried to dash from his sight but he caught me and came running planting a kiss on my right cheek (it's an aloha thing). We exchanged pleasantries and he apologized that we never got to having dinner together (actually it was me who didn't return his call - it's funny because I was the one having the hardest time with the break-up and broke NC earlier on).

Anyway, he acted as nothing happened between us. And I wondered - why did he have to be so nice? Of course, he was able to move on with his life much quicker because he dumped me. He thinks all is water under the bridge and we can become friendly again. Nope. I literally had to bite my tongue or else I would have hissed at him then.