question about the flower girls mother

My wedding is almost here in about a month. I recently just gotten surpised with a bridal shower. Well, to make a long story short. The mother shows up without her daughter(even tho her daughter wanted to go and had every right to go being that's shes the flower girl in the wedding) her mother makes up some excuse that her daughter couldn't come because she's with her grandparents for the weekend, blah,blah.

That really bothered me that she didn't bring her daugther(the flower girl) but brought her baby son instead and making excuses. It bothered me because she told me how her daughter got upset and really wanted to go and they didn't let her go. Anyhow, I thought that was weird of her mother to do that. Now, she sends her response card back to me for the wedding dinner and forgets to check and add her husband & daughter on the card. She tells her husband "oh, I only checked me for the dinner I didn't put you and our daughter on the card " "I forgot"

Is it just me? Or is something wrong with this mother?Did she think she was the only one going to the wedding & reception?

I just don't get on how she can not include or forget her daughter & husband. Especially since I mean her daughter is in the wedding so of course she needs to check her too for dinner.And, I know she knows her husband was going since he's like best friends with my fiance' Any comments? Thanks!

Hrmmm...

Sounds like you are just going through the pre-wedding count-down stress...

There are going to be alot of crazy, dumb, procrastinating, domineering, weirdos that want their 5 minutes in the spotlight that you will just have to accomidate, smile, and forget because you really don't want to ruin your big day over a few dumb things the flower girls mother did, right??

Order 15 extra dinner places to accomidate for all of the other people who forgot to write someone down and then move on... the party is over and the girl didn't get to come. Send her a wedding Barbie to make up for it... then focus the rest of your attention on enjoying the process....

It only happens once...

Hrmmm...

Sounds like you are just going through the pre-wedding count-down stress...

There are going to be alot of crazy, dumb, procrastinating, domineering, weirdos that want their 5 minutes in the spotlight that you will just have to accomidate, smile, and forget because you really don't want to ruin your big day over a few dumb things the flower girls mother did, right??

Order 15 extra dinner places to accomidate for all of the other people who forgot to write someone down and then move on... the party is over and the girl didn't get to come. Send her a wedding Barbie to make up for it... then focus the rest of your attention on enjoying the process....

It only happens once...

LOL - I take it you've done this before?

yeah, the whole deal does seem to be a dog and pony show, and like vandgsmom said, I guess some people want to have things go "their way," even though it makes very little sense what their way is!

oh well, just make sure the flower girl comes to the wedding! the rest of the bunch is optional.

So long as the groom shows up all will be well.

ah! good point dn! it's most important for the groom to show up!

Or, if you have ever watched Seinfeld, Jerry's comment on why the groom and the groomsmen are all dressed the same, so that if the groom is a no-show, all the men can simply take a step to the left, and now the best man will be the groom!

LOL - I take it you've done this before?

Not the big wedding, but I do photography, so I have seen it all go south for smaller things than this many, MANY times...

Once had a whole wedding cancelled AFTER all of the showers and rehersal dinners because one junior bridemaid didn't get the right shoes and the bride couldn't take one more detail getting screwed up...

she ran off, and they eloped 3 weeks later after the crazy pills took effect...lol

Not the big wedding, but I do photography, so I have seen it all go south for smaller things than this many, MANY times...

Once had a whole wedding cancelled AFTER all of the showers and rehersal dinners because one junior bridemaid didn't get the right shoes and the bride couldn't take one more detail getting screwed up...

she ran off, and they eloped 3 weeks later after the crazy pills took effect...lol

YIKES!!! That was the straw that finally broke the camel's back???

Oh, yeah.

Or the one where the couple lived together before the wedding... and when it came down to the day before the wedding, the grooms grandma that raised him said she wouldn't come if the bride wore white...

She ended up wearing someones maroon velvet 8 year old fluffy puffed sleeve bridesmaid dress in a Texas outdoor summer wedding just so her guy could have his domineering grandma there....

ain't love grand?

One crazy flower girls mother is cake compared to some of the wack jobs that I have seen.... You will get through it girl. Just keep your eye on the prize...

For posterity and the shot that hangs above the mantle....

Luckily I had taken photos at one of the local missions several days before of the couple and the big white dress... so they still had that...

Oh, man, but you just cannot fathom the ugliness of that dress... the grandma wanted her to wear red...

Yeah, looks like the mom needs a lesson in good manners.

Consider this - my cousin is getting married soon, and he "invites" my sister on the phone by saying "The city is like 8 hours from your place. There is a high probability that you might get lost." He atleast sent her an actual invite

For me it was a scanned "e-invite" addressed to just me. No mention of my husband whatsoever! Needless to say we aint going to the wedding.

Funnily enough, my husband was not upset that he was not invited. Looks like girls are more picky about the details?

My cousin "invited me" to her wedding by saying, "oh, give me your address so I can send you an invite, even though I know you probably can't make it."

well, I went to her first wedding, I don't know why she thought I wouldn't go to her second. actually, I do. she is just a *beep*. I never got an invite and I definitely didn't go to the wedding.

I take professional photos... have for a while... not just some amateur with a camera...

My cousin lives next door (or did until I evicted him right after the wedding... NOT for this, though..lol)

Planned a HUGE wedding in the historic church by the Alamo and a reception in the coutyard.

DIDN"T ask me to take the pics, though I would have for free.

NEVER gave me an invite... I guess cause I live next door and should have known...

NEVER remembered to tell me when the showers were, so I didn't make it

Needless to say, I FORGOT my gift at home that day and what pictures I took were of my children and my mother.... lol