Half-year anniversaries________??

Do people celebrate half-year anniversaries (what I like to call "halfiversaries")?

My boyfriend and I have been good friends for over a year before we started dating. And 6-months of our first date is coming up this Thursday. I made him some things and was thinking about surprising him at work, but I'm not so sure anymore. I brought it up last week, but I doubt he'll remember...

What do you guys think? Is it weird celebrating being together for half a year? It's just important to me because this was the day I realized that I finally liked him back... And he is my first love and this is the longest relationship I've been in. I'm 20 and he's almost 20.

Thanks for the input.

LOL - welcome to enotalone. sure, I know people that celebrate even their anniversary every month! 6 months is a milestone, sure, go for it!

If I were you, I would say to him, "It is our 6 month anniversary next week. let's celebrate. do you want to go to dinner somewhere?"

(some people, boys especially need to be reminded about these anniversaries)

LOL - welcome to enotalone. sure, I know people that celebrate even their anniversary every month! 6 months is a milestone, sure, go for it!

If I were you, I would say to him, "It is our 6 month anniversary next week. let's celebrate. do you want to go to dinner somewhere?"

(some people, boys especially need to be reminded about these anniversaries)

Yeah, I mentioned it to him last week. But I don't wanna pressure him into remembering and doing something special. I honestly feel better when he remembers on his own and does stuff on his own.

We don't celebrate every month... but we usually say "Happy monthiversary" lol.

I've been just so bored this summer and since our 6-months of our first date is coming up, I thought I'd make him lotsa stuff. I don't know if it'll be too much though...

"lotsa stuff?" hm... what exactly? I think don't go overboard.

suggest you two go out to dinner, maybe make him a CD with some of your favorite songs. I think that is enough. Or cook him dinner at your place?

Yeah, I was hoping I wasn't going to go overboard. Crap...

Well, I did make him a CD of our songs. I also made a little book with a poem I wrote, along with our AIM conversations and poems we wrote to each other on Facebook. It's kinda this thing we did. I made him a little memory box too, because he has this box of stuff that he keeps things from his past relationships... So I thought, well here's a box for us..

Is that still too much?

Do as you please and if you want to celebrate that special moment, don't forget to remind him of it.

Yeah, I brought it up last week. I don't think he'll remember though. He IS pretty busy with work and talking to his parents about finding a new job and moving out and all that. So I don't blame him if he doesn't remember. Would it still be weird to give him this stuff if he doesn't remember?

Well, I did make him a CD of our songs. I also made a little book with a poem I wrote, along with our AIM conversations and poems we wrote to each other on Facebook. It's kinda this thing we did. I made him a little memory box too, because he has this box of stuff that he keeps things from his past relationships... So I thought, well here's a box for us..

me personally, I think it's going overboard.

the cd is good. the AIM convos is too much, and the memory box is WWAAAAYYY too much.

so, I don't know your boyfriend, but men in general, aren't as sentimental as women, and you're a lot better off giving more gadgety gifts like electronic stuff.

if you're unsure if he's even taking you out to dinner or getting you a gift, then giving him a poem book and a memory box just might be over the top.

just my opinion

me personally, I think it's going overboard.

the cd is good. the AIM convos is too much, and the memory box is WWAAAAYYY too much.

so, I don't know your boyfriend, but men in general, aren't as sentimental as women, and you're a lot better off giving more gadgety gifts like electronic stuff.

if you're unsure if he's even taking you out to dinner or getting you a gift, then giving him a poem book and a memory box just might be over the top.

just my opinion

He's actually sentimental. He keeps a lot of things that people give him and likes to look back at things.

I'm just gonna give him the cute poems we wrote to each other on Facebook. And the CD. I'll save the other stuff for the anniversary. And I'll give it to him on Friday... afterall, our first date WAS on a Friday.

umm.... I am just thinking, I don't remember when I first went out with the girl I am dating now... I guess I can figured it out, but, yeah, if she said "Happy six month anniversary" I would be like "yeah, you too" and have no idea when the actual date was suppose to have been

umm.... I am just thinking, I don't remember when I first went out with the girl I am dating now... I guess I can figured it out, but, yeah, if she said "Happy six month anniversary" I would be like "yeah, you too" and have no idea when the actual date was suppose to have been

Yeah, it took a while for us to remember our first date together. We were friends for a while and it just happened. But we finally found out when we started dating. But the official day we became a real couple was Valentine's.

I don't think he'll remember our halfiversary. I'll say something, but if he didn't remember, I totally don't blame him. He has a lot of stuff going on right now. He's trying to get a new job and is talking to his parents about moving out and all that. So I'll just give him the stuff because this day means a lot to me. The day our friendship shifted to something more.

Thanks for your comments!!