Homosexuality and left-handedness..

I was wondering, since ive heard a number of times that homosexuality and left-handedness are linked (although im not sure I believe it)- who of you are bi/homosexual and left-handed? or, do you know anyone who is gay/les/bi and who happens to be left-handed? what do you think of this theory?

also...if you were to be asked why you are gay/les/bi, or the origins of it for yourself, what would you say it is? (im just curious, since i find the whole topic quite fascinating). I know nobody truly knows the real reasons, but say..do you recall a particular experience in your youth after which your feelings suddenly 'changed', or you saw you were attracted to your own sex? even a small thing perhaps - or do you feel you were born that way and have always had those feelings? hey, and who was your first same-sex crush that you recall? a close friend? or maybe an older person that you admired, but it turned into a crush? were you ever 'popular' with the opposite sex? all these little questions that you never know, could affect the way one becomes inclined...(not that theres anything wrong with being gay- in fact im fully crushed on a female myself!)

Ironically, I am left-handed.

But I also know plenty of gay people that are righties...lol.

There are so many theories. I think if we are ever going to find the reason behind homosexuality we need to find out what causes heterosexuality as well.

IMHO.

I became curious about this myself. I am left handed and bi. I found no reliable studies or proof one way or the other. It's still a mystery!

There's a lot of variables to consider as well: It was (in some areas still is) common practice before to associate left handedness with the devil - so many folks were forced to adopt a righthanded way in the world. Even I used to get slapped for being a kid who used my left hand. silly,huh.

Also, not all who are gay will admit they are gay/bi. Obvious reasons.

Then...there is the whole task of creating and implementing world-wide reliable studies!

so..who knows!

I'm bi and left-handed and so is my ex.

I do know several left handed people who are straight though.

I've never heard the left-handedness link to homosexuality idea but I have heard that there may be a link to left-handedness and creativity and also dyslexia.

I've also heard that creativity is closely linked to madness, so who knows.

As to why i am the way I am? I guess it's just the way I was born and I have no problem with that.

Right-handed, bi. I don't really think what hand you write with has anything to do with your sexuality. That would be fun though. Imagine being able to pick out instantly who was straight or not. Dating would be 10x easier! Hah.

There have been studies done on a "gay gene" though, giving some evidence that gay people were born that way. A girl in my college did her thesis on the gay gene last year, but I never got a chance to read it. She did get published in Curve magazine though, the leading lesbian magazine. How cool is that?

perhaps everyone has the "gay gene", and that would be the reason scientists cant find it, they're looking for something diffrent between heterosexuals and homosexuals but sense we all have it they cant find it. lol thats my own lil theory

Right-handed, bi. I don't really think what hand you write with has anything to do with your sexuality. That would be fun though. Imagine being able to pick out instantly who was straight or not. Dating would be 10x easier! Hah.

There have been studies done on a "gay gene" though, giving some evidence that gay people were born that way. A girl in my college did her thesis on the gay gene last year, but I never got a chance to read it. She did get published in Curve magazine though, the leading lesbian magazine. How cool is that?

I wouldn't say INSTANTLY - you'd have to see someone write to know.

Your classmate must have written an awesome thesis. It's too bad my subscription is so new. I thought about submitting a research paper on gay marriage, but I'm not sure they'd publish anything so bookish.

Well, I am as straight as an arrow, but register on gaydar, and was accused of being gay because I had no gf age 23.

I write with the right hand, but write _exactly mirrored_ with the left hand.

I prefer to take things apart (open screws) with the left hand.

I prefer to put things together (close screws) with the right hand.

When either hand is tired, I use the other.

I can also pick things up with my toes and my tongue it versatile but this is OT.

You figure out what I am

Wow! I've never heard of that before!

But to tell you the truth, I'm bisexual, and left-handed.

Maybe people link them together because people think that left-handed people use the more creative side of the brain, so maybe they're open to more things.

Personally, I don't see the gender of the person, just like I don't see the color of the person.

So to me, if they're male or female, it really doesn't matter.