How Long Until They Stop

How long can someone continue to try to contact you until they just give up? I am SICK of the text messages saying "Good Morning or Good Night". Random stupid stuff. I REFUSE to acknowledge him even if it is to just tell him to stop. That's what he wants is to get to me.

I have started to turn my phone off during work, and turning the ringer off when I go to bed.

He broke up with me. He broke my heart, not the other way around.

How long can someone go on contacting someone else without a response before they stop? I know it's different in every aspect but there has to be some breaking point.

This is starting to sound like harassment.

Or maybe you could confront them calmly (keyword is CALMLY) or otherwise they know they can get a emotional response by pushing your buttons this way. Just state calmly that you don't have time for this and you would appreciate it if it would stop.

Or switch phones.

Good luck

He just can't handle the fact that I am ignoring him. He knows that I am blatantly ignoring him and he hates it. However, there is nothing I can do about that. He is the type of person that can't stand when someone dislikes him. He has to fix it and make it better. Often times at the emotional expense of the other person. It's egotistical and I refuse to play that game.

good grief.. why do people waste the courts time and suggest an restraining order??

It is not a waste of the courts time if that is what is needed. When you ask someone to stop and they refuse, this is the next step to take. If they still refuse to stop, now it is a criminal action.

However it may be premature in this case. You need to tell him to stop. Block his number from your cell phone so you can't receive his messages. And warn him that if he does not stop contacting you, then you WILL get a restraining order.

More than likely, that will solve the problem.

getting a restaining order is using courts time, who signs the restaining order? It is a process. You do not have to go physically into court to be using court time.

Avman, as i said "this is a small issue"

I suggested first to block or get a new number.

My feeling is that you should try other ways yourself before getting the authorities into stupid crap like this. If the problem esclates by all means call the authorities into it. But bloody hell because of phones call and text msges saying "good night" you would suggest getting a restrianing order.

TOo much

If you tell him to stop and he does not honor you're wishes. I hate to tell you that you have a stalker on you're hands. You may have to get law enforcement involved. One call from them and I'm sure he will sing a different tune. Stalking can lead to very serious bad things, and the police take it very serious. Stalking does not just happen it starts with a very small thing first then gets worse. Take action now before it gets worse and do not take it as something light. People have been killed all over the world for something that started small. If its called stalking, it is not to be taken lightly.

Good Luck

Kuhl

Kellbell, none of those post showed any reason to get a restaining order. At no time did he threaten her. he is a pest but it doesnt require a restaining order. This problem is easily solved with a bloking of his number or changing of her number.

I definitely think you should change your phone #. Even though it's a hassle to have a new number- it's worth it in the end if it means he can't contact you anymore.

If after you change your number, he still bothers you, then I do think it's appropriate to firmly let him know that if his harassing behavior continues, you will have no choice but to seek a restraining order.

BellaDonna

look what i am trying to say hee is there are other avenues that has not been tried YET. People stop bringing the subject of authories just to manipulate the situation.

The authorities have enough on their plates then to handle the thought of small issue like this. GRIEF!

It is just to early to get them in this situation

I completely agree with Skippy. There is no need to make this some huge dramatic situation, tossing terms like "stalking" around and wasting the authorities time b/c her ex texts her "good night."

The poster needs to tell him to stop contacting her, and if he doesn't, block him or change her number.

There are people out there who truly are getting stalked and harassed, and lets save the judge and police officer's time for those cases.

I admit that I am irritated and yes it bothers me, but I never even thought about a restraining order. That is extreme to me. I have truly been stalked before. It is NOT a joking matter. Text messages and phone calls where as they are very annoying and unsettling they are not threatening me.

Blocking his number is just a formality. I have Cingular and you can go right to the Cingular account page without having to log in and send a text message to ANY Cingular customer as long as you have their phone number. You don't have to have an account or anything.

I called earlier and left him a message and clearly stated that I do not want him to call me, leave me voicemails or send me text messages. Please stop trying to contact me in any way.

I received a text message back from him stating "I am truly sorry. I did not realize that my contacting you was that big of a problem. I didn't mean to upset you. I will never contact you again."

Let's hope that works.