Is it possible to say "I love you" too much?

I think it probably is. I'm not sure what would constitute too much but I guess once it got to the point of being something you just say by rote it is probably too much and loses its impact and meaning.

Well, me and this girl talk online every day (we live in different countries) and a few weeks ago I told her that I was falling in love with her and she said she is falling in love with me too. So, does the same apply here? Is it still possible of saying "I love you" too much (even if it is truly sincere)?

Yes it is possible. At one extreme would be ending every sentence you type with "I love you". That would be too much. Tho other would be typing it once every couple of months.

There will be a balance but while you guys are saying it and meaning it then there should be no issue.

My ex boyfriend used to say it all the time, my friends would take the piss and exagerate "Im going to the toilet.." "okay hurry back i love you" of course it wasnt like that but we did say it every day, everytime we spoke on the phone and when we stayed together at night we would say "goodnight i love you" before going to sleep. He didnt mean it, because when he broke up with me he told me he had 'tried' to love me, even talked himself into it, but it wasnt there with me.

My current boyfriend has said it about 4 times in five months! when he did say it it was like a big sigh, a big hug and then "I love you, you know!" and it felt great. However I must admit i kinda wish he would say it a bit more! sometimes we are in bed and he cuddles me and then says "good night baby" and in my head i am saying "i love you!" and i really want him to say it, even though I know he does, I would quite like to hear it, but not as often as my ex said it.

I really think, it can lose its meaning it becomes just words, a habit, but that doesnt mean you should only say it on special occasions or once in a blue moon!

I think it loses meaning when you say it too much. I think woman try and force it too much because if they don't here it they go crazy. Which can make it feel forced and unsincere.

I think a lot of girls can force a guy to say "I love you" when they don't want to. So when they start to think they are actually in love because they had to start saying it. They feel crushed later because they know it was all a lie.