Sex with sister?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thing that comes to mind on this topic:

Aren't there enough people in the world to allow a person to get laid? With all the men and women on the planet- cant they find other people to have sex with? This is not The Blue Lagoon....

Usually the cause of sibling sexual relations stems back to some kind of child sexual abuse- or over-sexualization of parents/relatives. Something has to be way off for the sister in this situation to just happen to think of "sex" as a "birthday present" for her brother. That's not a healthy or "normal" thought process. Histrionic personality disorder comes to mind....

Aside from calling it disgusting, illegal, atrocious, or whatever choice words you can use to describe it- the reality it that it is just terribly sad and unfortunate, for all parties involved. It is going to cause some real damage to thier lives, future relationships, and sense of well-being.

BellaDonna

Something has to be way off for the sister in this situation to just happen to think of "sex" as a "birthday present" for her brother. That's not a healthy or "normal" thought process. Histrionic personality disorder comes to mind....

I had the same thought when reading this. It does seem at least possible that one or both are HPD, because it is a kind of HPD thought process to use sexuality in that way, even (or often) with people with whom sexual relationships seem, to others, highly inappropriate.

I can't believe this friend even told you about it. I mean this is something that's considered so perverse that most people would run the other way if confronted with such information.

What they have is not a normal relationship. I love my brother dearly but I would rather gouge out my eyes then sleep with him on his birthday or any of the other day of the year. It's not normal to have sexual feelings torwards siblings. I think we are wired that way because mother nature knows that it would cause severely retarded children.

I hope some day they wake up and get the help they both desperately need. It's obvious they both have serious emotional problems if they are engaging in this sort of behavior.

Hm, this is interesting. How long has it been going on, because if she was young then this could be really damaging to her when she is older.

Around 8 months, I think. But I'm not sure.

Tell your friend to make a firm stand, and prevent any sexual relations with his sister in future.

I can try, but I don't know if he'd take my advice.

why do i have the feeling it's you who is sleeping with your brother/sister? and someone track that ip...

I don't know - why do you?

As is evident, most people (including myself) find incest to be disturbing and wrong. However, it is a more complex issue then just saying "that's wrong." It may be an instance of child abuse, it may not be. Without knowing the details, it is impossible to say exactly what is going on and how these two individuals feel.

Some socities are also more tolerant of incest. So it is more common then one would expect.

Some incest prohibitions relate to sexual acts - others to marriage. In some societies, incest is mandatory or prohibited, according to the social class (Bali, Papua New Guinea, Polynesian and Melanesian islands). In others, the Royal House started a tradition of incestuous marriages, which was later imitated by lower classes (Ancient Egypt, Hawaii, Pre-Columbian Mixtec). Some societies are more tolerant of consensual incest than others (Japan, India until the 1930's, Australia).

What I wonder is, why would he tell you? Surely he would realize that his actions would be frowned upon by most and could potentially get him in trouble.

What I wonder is, why would he tell you? Surely he would realize that his actions would be frowned upon by most and could potentially get him in trouble

My guess is that there was something inherently "corrupt" with the way this brother and sister were raised...and the way they think/view the world. Either abuse, or over-exposure to inappropriate sexuality must have occurred.. Just like the sister had the thought process to conclude that sex is somehow a suitable "birthday present" for her brother- the brother might think sex with his sister is something to "brag about" to his friends.

BellaDonna

I think we should be careful about the terms that we throw around. While we may consider it corrupt, perverse, etc., these people don't. If there was indeed something traumatic happening when they were young, they aren't going to be responsive to being told how wrong this is. That could easily make them upset and more determined to be together, despite what anyone says.

Unknown123, what you should do is educate yourself on the topic. Try to understand it from both sides. Then talk with your friend. Let him know how you feel, if you are uncomfortable with it. Ask him to explain, just why he is doing this. Say any concerns that you might have. Make sure he knows you care about him and are not trying to judge or criticize him, you just want to understand. Make sure he knows it is frowned upon and the dangers he faces should it get out.

why do i have the feeling it's you who is sleeping with your brother/sister? and someone track that ip...

I agree I think the poster is sleeping with the brother\sister or thinking about it. The internet is pretty much annoymous why can't this friend post the question and give us the correct detail instead of vague answers. If a person was doing this why would he won't to know what people think? If he or she was thinking of doing it then maybe.......

Lets not worry about whether or not the OP is the one committing incest.

I also agree with Shysoul, that throwing around terms like gross/disgusting etc is not beneficial in anyway.

They are two GROWN consenting adults.

That said, my opinion is that both of them should seek counseling. Incest is not healthy and can lead to very very serious consequences.

I wish the two of them good luck on this.

I also agree with Shysoul, that throwing around terms like gross/disgusting etc is not beneficial in anyway.

That may be true but, the person DID ask for people's opinions on it. It's one of those be careful what you ask for type of scenerios. I'm sure he knew how taboo this was before putting the question down on the table so he shouldn't be all too surprised that he's gotten negative comments.

That may be true but, the person DID ask for people's opinions on it. It's one of those be careful what you ask for type of scenerios. I'm sure he knew how taboo this was before putting the question down on the table so he shouldn't be all too surprised that he's gotten negative comments.

True. But there is a difference in the way you say it, the tone of your post. If you were posting for advice and people's opinions, which would you want to hear:

"In my opinion, I believe you made a mistake by doing (fill in the blank). That was wrong and didn't help the situation."

"Dude, that was pathetic. You were being a complete jerk and the person was right to treat you lousy."

Similarly, you can say you disagree with what the people were doing and that you find it wrong. But its not helpful to use words like disgusting, vile, etc. There is a better way of getting your point accross.

True. But there is a difference in the way you say it, the tone of your post. If you were posting for advice and people's opinions, which would you want to hear:

"In my opinion, I believe you made a mistake by doing (fill in the blank). That was wrong and didn't help the situation."

"Dude, that was pathetic. You were being a complete jerk and the person was right to treat you lousy."

Similarly, you can say you disagree with what the people were doing and that you find it wrong. But its not helpful to use words like disgusting, vile, etc. There is a better way of getting your point accross.

Some posts may be very harsh but they are unabashed and honest responses of people's outrage. While they may not be nice, I think they are more realistically the type of response he's likely to get out in the real world. I think that it may be important for him to hear it as a wake up call.

If he's going to act in a way that is goes completely against the society in which he lives, he's going to have to have thick enough skin to handle unconstructive critisisms because there are always going to be people out there that are going to call a spade, a spade.

Agreed, there will be people who say horrible things, which is why I am still confused why he even admitted it to the poster. But just because others say it, does it mean we have to? Or shouldn't we try to stick to a higher level of respect?

Saying what you said in your last post was perfect. Saying to be aware as there are those who won't be so nice and tolerant, even downright hostile. You can get the message accross without resorting to the kind of behavior he'll run into.

No offense intended here. I respect your opinion and right to say it. I just don't want to see a person feel hurt because they had a barrage of insults and judgmenets thrown there way. I was on the receiving end of that before and it wasn't nice.

I think the sister must be pretty messed up to even think that this is the right kind of present to offer her brother and the brother should not take advantage of her at this obviously low point in her life but should instead encourage her to seek counselling. Brothers and sisters should support each other, it's what they are REALLY for.

I am going to assume that it is a genuine post. Even if it’s just for argument’s sake.

I do remember this coming up on a number of occasions.

Basically, there is a division in society.

There are those who are saying this is ‘gross,’ ‘wrong’ etc – and abide by the law and to what is ‘right’.

And there are those who go out of their way not to conform, or be influenced from ‘societal normalities’ – it is those who speak out against the influence of society and examine why this is wrong when it is a personal choice, illegal as it is.

The reason it is illegal is purely biological. Incest is very likely to lead to an abnormal child; if pregnancy follows.

Like all ‘illegal’ acts, this will only stop if the people involved choose to stop.

The fact that he is asking for opinions is rather odd. Maybe he realises the risks involved in incest? After all, it was his sister who came up with the idea.

Purely out of medical reasons, I believe it should be stopped.

I won’t get into the societal/moral reasons, because it is debatable.

What is not debatable is the fact that they are running the risk of having an abnormal child from these relations.

And for that reason – I do not believe it is worth the risk.