What Would You Risk For Love?

Dako, you're awesome! LOL!

I would risk ... boy, I can't even answer that! I must be selfish! I won't risk my health or life goals. I don't like my career so much, but it's still something I value. Yup, I'm selfish!

I would risk looking like an idiot, though. Not looking desperate, though. There's a difference.

Maybe I have to meet the right person before I answer this?

I think you have to risk being hurt (okay, and sanity.....hehe). The fact is even in a loving relationship, with lots of respect and care, there will be times you hurt unintentionally, or are hurt unintentionally. When you are that vulnerable it is normal. Intentional hurt is a whole other boat though, and not something I would get involved in.

And there will always be compromise,but I don't think it should ever be you are sacrificing whom you are for someone else. I would never risk losing myself (been there done that), losing my family (too important), my passions (they are part of me ), my individuality (if they can't accept me, they are not the one for me), and my self esteem (again, been there done that).

RayKay pretty much covered the basics

I think we risk ourselves...as in stability, as in being in control of your mind and your heart...because of, like she said, compromise.

I would not necessarily put myself or my individuality on the line, but I think in any commitment/relationship you sacrifice a part of yourself and your individuality from molding your needs with another. I also would not give up my family, my beliefs, my values for someone. I would however, give up my perspective on somethings because I believe in life, regardless of relationship, you learn something new everyday and I'm willing to give up that stability for personal growth- even if it means getting hurt or going a little bit crazy

Yes I do. He is about 30 years old and looks like a Gingerbread cookie with ears. He is old, worn and falling apart. But he is also my safeguard. Call me a big baby whatever, but we all need teddy bears. The fact that I have mine for over 30 years makes me...

pathetic actually.

No. Not as bad as me.

My stuffed tiger has been with me since my grandmother gave it to me over 45 years ago.

Sanity for sure.

But for another example, since love comes in various forms. If I was in the car with my Dad and we were about to have a accident and the only way to save him was to throw myself accross him I wouldn't think twice about doing it.

But then again I would probably do that to save someone's child I don't even know, so that's probably not a good example LOL.

To be honest with you, I'm one of the few people I know who would, and have, risked everything for love.

I dropped out of school for love (dont worry, im doing good making 15 bucks an hour right now at the sheriffs office), I lost all of my friends for love, I dont talk to my mom much anymore (shes an alchoholic and scared me so its not a big loss), and i have quit multiple jobs for love... All for the same person. I've given everything i've had for love, and i dont regret it. I figure you only live once, love once because true love never dies.