How do you people do it? How do you accept a reality that should not have happened?

I cant understand how one day you are talking to your partner about plans to get married, how many kids you are going to have and what they are going to be called... The next day its all over and now she's telling you about how the new guy kisses and what they are doing together....

How do you move on when you are still living in the same life as before. Same post office, same apartment, same grocery store (same everything). Everything we did together is still there and the only difference is she isn't.

I'm a ghost trapped in a dead life...

This entire situation is so wrong, I feel it with every part of my being and there is nothing I can do about it.

How can she find it so easy to fool around with other guys when I cant even bring myself to share anything with another girl.

The world seems to me like a very cold and evil place at the moment.

My birthday's coming up in a few days, I wish I didn't have a birthday the only thing that its going to remind me of is how alone I actually am.

I know how u feel. These kinds of things are also going through my mind.

The world is an evil place. I'm trying to be strong. I thought my life finally became brighter when I met him and shared life with him, but now I am again stuck in my old perception of the world.

Sometimes I wished I had not experienced that kind of happiness and love at all, if it was only gonna end up in broken dreams, plans, broken heart and confusion.

Sometimes I think, I shouldn't ever love again, to avoid getting my heart brokened and hurt over and over and over again. It's like a never-ending cycle.

It's horrible. It's a horrible world with evil selfish people in it. (Well the ones that hurt people anyway)

How can she find it so easy to fool around with other guys when I cant even bring myself to share anything with another girl.

In your own question, you have your own answer. How does she find it so easy? Because she never really loved you. Never listen to the words that someone tells you, just take a look at how they treat you. Words are cheap and easy to use. It's simple to say, "I love you" to someone, it's a lot harder to show that love through your actions. The girl you are hung up on is greedy, self centered, and cold. She knows you still care for her, yet she is telling you how another guy is kissing her?! Oh my God, don't walk from her, run! You continue to keep contact with her, and soon she'll be telling you how good he bangs her. Why would you want someone that has so little disregard for your feelings? To hell with what she's told you in the past or is telling you now, about how much she cares for you; just look at what she is doing to you! Wake up man!!! I know how you feel, I've been there myself. You're best revenge for her is to find someone that truly cares for you. My Ex tried to keep the door open a crack by actually calling me after 3 months of NC to see how I was doing. When she found out that I've been with other women since her, it must've rocked her world. How dare I move on before her?! Well, she dumped me, so I owed her no loyalty or explinations. In fact I told her, unlike her Ex, I would not chase her and would move on to another relationship, should the right woman come along. I think she thought I was going to sit around and pine after her...lol. Based on her one word answers in a phone conversation we had after she learned that I've been dating; I think the power she thouht she may have had in our relationship, got blown out of the water. Like my Mom told me one time, "you get treated the way you allow people to treat you". She's treated you pretty poorly, why are you letting her continue to do it? Man, she did you a favor. I know you don't think so now, but imagine if she pulled this BS after you got married, had kids, bought a house, ect.. If you think you are in pain now, it would so much worse then! Keep your head up, and get away from her.

Hey waylon,

I cant understand how one day you are talking to your partner about plans to get married, how many kids you are going to have and what they are going to be called... The next day its all over and now she's telling you about how the new guy kisses and what they are doing together....

Well, something very similar happened to me. My Ex G/f of 4 years left me for my friend. We had talked about everything from marriage to house to kids. And after just 4 days of breakup she's engaged to my friend!!! This world is really a horrible, twisted, sick place.

In your own question, you have your own answer. How does she find it so easy? Because she never really loved you.

I totally agree with alphonsefa here. The same questions that you're asking now had been haunting me for weeks. How did she find it so easy.. "She never loved me". Period. And there is nothing I can do about it, but to accept the fact and move on.

I know what you're going thru is really really horrible. Youre in a state of shock and disbelief. But things will get better bro. I promise you that. You just take care of yourself.

I believe at one point she did love you but she does not now. That's why it was easy for her to move on with her life. Her heart was not with you anymore. She probably broke up with you because she knew she did not love you anymore and wanted to see other people? It's not sick or twisted, it's love my friend. Would you rather her carry on with you, not being in love with you, making you look like a fool and her be unhappy?

I don't exactly agree with her telling you details about her new man but that's why you can't contact her. You are asking for it. I believe in earlier posts you have written about your break-up with this girl, others have told you to do the NC thing. That's how you heal and move on with your life.

So if you want to keep the knife stabbing you in the heart, then continue to contact her. But if you want to move on, get over her, and heal, don't speak to her, if she calls or texts, don't answer. The choice is yours my friend. I with you the best and take care.

hey weylon,

if it makes u feel any better, we all have been thru this and u will be through too.

dont blame urself for any of this. just take ur life as it is -- and try to do the best you can do for urself -- heal, have fun.. work sweat. Thats how i think its gonna work for me too.

hope everything will turn out great for u.

Kell love is a more complex phenomenon than that. A person can still love somebody but not feel it until they are gone. Regardless of whether she did or didn't love him, the point is irrelevant. Do you not find it kinda underhanded that she told him? It suggests she is trying to hurt him or make him jealous.

People usually as stupid as they are, are still not THAT stupid.

People can be pretty stupid if you ask me... They will do things to intentally hurt people, even if it's tell them what they have been doing with other people...

When my fiancee left me in Jan, i was like well my life's over... haha i laugh at that, because i have had one of the best years of my life.... yes theres been pleny of heartbreak this year.. but you know what? i've learned so much about myself, and what i really want and need from a person... being alone is depressing, but it's not the end of the world.

The only thing that can heal your pain is Time, and in time you will see what we're all talking about. Obviously some how you met this girl..... so you'll find another one.. That's the process till you fight the right one.. You just need to better yourself now, and get back to being you.

Smile alot, it confuses people!

How do you people do it? How do you accept a reality that should not have happened?

Its actually pretty simple, you say that this reality "shouldnt have happened", that is simply your determination because you didnt want your situation to end. We have no control of what should or shouldnt have happened, it is just life and events happen that beyond our control. The only way you will accept what happened is realize that your ex made a choice to end what she had with you, a conscious choice that you have no control over, you couldnt have prevented it.

I understand love is more complex than that. Break-ups hurt and hurt real bad, I have been through them but what I am saying is, she would not have a chance to hurt him or do underhanded things to him if he has nothing to do with her. There is a reason for NC after a break-up and his situation is case and point. If one continues to contact an ex, he or she is getting set up to get hurt. That's all I am saying. How can one heal and get over what's happened if the other is giving info about the new person in the other's life? NC would prevent that.

I am sorry you are hurting, I would never wish this kind of hurt on anyone but the best way to go is not to have anything to do with this girl anymore.