please help me....my faith is so important to me, its one of my biggest things....btu im bisexual, and i have a boyfriend. now ive personally belvied that its not who you love, btu how much you love that decides if youre a good catholic, but it just seems like everyone around me disagrees...and the last time i heard, "thou shall not be gay" isnt a comandment, while "thou shall nto lie" is! input, please?

Ok all I can say is in my religion it is 100% wrong I am not saying its 100% wrong in yours too...but i believe God put us on this earth to be with the Opposite sex and not have intercorse with same sex.

And about your commandments. Just because something is not one of the commandments, does not mean it is not a sin. With what your saying here you sound like you are trying to prove your religion is wrong and you are right, and its definitly a sin to do that, because now you are going against God.

Hope I didnt offend, you wanted the input.

Supaman

If you look at it from a religious point of view, it is wrong. But it's your life, live it how you want to. Do whatever makes you happiest. I have bisexual friends and personally I dont mind it at all, it's their choice. I agree with supaman, but like I also said, it's your life, live it how you want to.

Hi there,

I was raised in the catholic religion. I think that religion is very constraining and it is wrong to just assume that because a religion says something that you're going to hell or something. I mean, holy poo, look at all of the priests molesting young boys. The reality of the situation is that many of these men become priests because they are trying to repress homosexual urges. ALL of us have some sort of attraction to the same sex, just some of us are more accepting of our real feelings than others, some of us repress our feelings. I believe that sexuality is fluid and we all have some feelings for people of the same sex.

It sounds like you are very aware of your sexual feelings. I know it's hard to be religious and have these feelings. You have to find a way to find some type of agreement between the two and know that you aren't going to find reassurance in many of the churches, though there are some churches that are more open to these things. I don't know what to tell you other than that I don't judge you and I think you can lead a very spiritual, loving and fulfilling life even if all these fanatical people judge you because you are more in touch with your feelings than they are.

Religion is so wrong. Who wrote the bible? And has any of it actually come true?

The Pope was catholic and not even praying could save HIS life. So, don't worry about "religion".

After spending the most part of 50 years as a devout catholic, my grandmother's last dying words were, 'THERE IS NO GOD", so don't waste your time punishing yourself for something that may not exist and has NEVER been proven to.

Okay, i believe in some OTHER, such as a force of nature, or some Godlike force, but Catholicism and other likewise religions were organised to control people.

Now, i really respect everybodies beliefs, but living your life by a book that has no known author, no credible author and that makes all these assumptions that cannot possibly be verified is ridiculous.

I love the teachings of Jesus, but i see him as a revolutionary and nothing more. If Jesus was such a compassionate being, then he would understand that love is love and it doesn't matter who loves whom, so don't be controlled by this restraining religion.

What's more important and fulfilling to your life? Maintaining your religion or not living in the closet?

If God all put us on this earth, created us as "special little people", then don't you think that he would have created you heterosexual if that was really his intention?

Does it feel right to be with a guy? Not in a religious sense, but when you're with him, how does it make you feel? Do you feel that you have a choice in your sexuality and would be able to stick with that for the rest of your life?

I could care less if people choose to be with people of the same sex. It doesn't affect my life whatsoever. If it makes them happy, then I say go for it. Be damned proud of who you are and don't let other people TELL YOU how to live YOUR life.

I agree with OceanEyes. I've been in Catholic schools all my life, had enough religion shoved down my throat to be tired of it. In Catholicism, even though there is no "thou shall not be gay" type of commandment, it is still indeed a sin. However, I disagree with what the church teaches. Too many controversies come about. If I were you, I'd just stick to believing in God (or something) and follow your heart. I mean, we were created with free will.

The Pope was catholic and not even praying could save HIS life. So, don't worry about "religion".

Ok You probably wonty apologize to me or anyone mgirl, but just think about how many people will get hurt from that saying? Do you know that there are Millions and I mean millions, maybe even billions of people that follow every word that came from Pope John paul II and you downgrade him by saying he could not save himself. How would you feel if someone said something like that about you? Yeah not to good huh?

So even if you dont apologize I atleast feel better sticking up for fellow christians around the world.

Oh and please if you could give me a good answer to why you believe religion is "Wrong". Besides the "Oh no one knows who wrote the bible" Cause I doubt you could even come close to a reasonable answer.

Hope you realize how wrong you just were

Supaman

No, what is "wrong" is adhering to every word a person, appointed by fellow men and not God says, but i see where you're coming from and didn't mean to hurt anyone, but i am glad i have rattled you. I just want to draw your attention to how powerless it is to put your trust in just one man. No matter what his title, i just can't get passed the fact that there is no scienfitic evidence that God exists, or that the Pope is some special entity or something.

I'm sure many millions of people would be offended by what i said about the Pope, but quite frankly, i am offended by the philosophies he and the Catholic Church spread around. Philosophies that are not kind or "Godly" in any way. They say, "love thy neighbour", but they preach hatred for gay people... I am wondering, in what way are gay people a threat to the "traditional family"? We are a minority and always will be, but i can see Supaman that you are a good person and this is by no means an attack on you... It is an attack on a bunch of men who try to control others through guilt.

All men (and women) are equal and the truth shall be known the moment before death and it will reign down upon us so hard, so do not waste your life adhering to the rules of a God that you do not know or have never met. Trust in yourself first, because that is where the "God" nature is, not in the Catholic Church like the Catholics would have you believe.

I guess to me, God is love and not the judgemental being the Catholic Church would have me believe.

Oh yeah, in hindsight, Pope John Paul was not too bad in that he helped a lot of other people and tried to help "peace", but i still do not understand why people just accept the word of the bible without really questioning where their own values lie. Following a religion seems like a shortcut to a values system without really thinking about them yourself.

Sometimes i think religion hijacks peoples minds.

I agree with mgirl so so much it is hard to put anything else in this thread that could even compare to what she's said. I think that nearly all religeons are completely irrelevant when it comes to love. If religeon is such a part of love and who we love, then why is it that we have free will? why is it that we can pick and choose who we fall in and out of love with? I am a lesbian and I have renounced the church since I was kicked out all because someone yelled out that I was a lesbiana nd I didn't belong. I of course stood up and proudly announced that yes, I am a lesbian and then I was told to leave by the preist... what happened to the love and safety of the church? What happened to "the church accepts everyone?"

Please answer that.

alfal99, do what you like in your life. If you are bisexual then kudos to you. I hope you and your boyfriend are very happy together

Sappho...

Wow, thanks sapphos_goddess,

I guess i felt pretty uncomfortable about that post, but feel it is my duty to defend gay people at all costs.

That was pretty brave of you to stand up in the church like that. I don't know whether i would have been able to do that.

I have found that religion is a way to judge and descriminate against people, which is why I deem myself spiritual. I do believe there is a God. I also was raised Catholic but even as a child I disagreed with some of what they were teaching. And of course being divorced pretty much ended my Catholicism.

God is an accepting, loving God. He's not standing there judging and condemning us, he's forgiving, moreso than most humans. If you read the Conversation with God books you'll gain a new perspective. Also finding a more accepting church might be helpful to you. It's something I'm looking into myself. I did find a Catholic church that was more liberal, but I don't feel Catholic anymore and am looking into different religions.

Ok only one thing I agree with any of you have said is with jetta summed up she basiccly said they are too strict. I myself am a HUGE Catholic and I believe (tis only applies if you believe in god) that with how much christ went through to basiccly...give us another chance, and repeatedly shows mercy on us, There is nothing in this world or better yet universe to do as much that god did for us.

Truth is yes it hurts to see people flat out downgrade my and everyone elses belief in god, but I accept that everyone has an opinion and like mgirl said I am glad you are able to tell people what you do and dont believe in cause yes sometimes it is hard.

But how you said sapphos_goddess

what happened to the love and safety of the church? What happened to "the church accepts everyone?"

In my eyes, the church does accept everyone that is willing to change their life around and give everything they have and put it at the bottom of their list and put God at the top of their list.

It may sound bad but god comes before anyone or anything in my life, before my mom, before my dad, before my grandparents, before my girlfriend, before anyone and everyone I follow the word of god.

Yes I know there is no scientific truth about the bible (except that I bet no one ever in this world could have wrote it unless they had seen it all occur, which means it most likely is tru, In my eyes

Now back to the gay and bisexual part

Like I said earlier nothing comes before god, and that is why it is a sin, cause you are putting LOVE forsomeone else other then god before him. No matter what any of you say, it is a sin, always will be a sin, and will deem you to go to hell if you stay with that sin. Its blunt but its true

Now to say this...I do apologize if I hurt someone cause it probably will, and I also have nothing against gays and bisexuals I have a few that are friends. Also all of this is MY opinion dont say im wrong because i believe I am right.

Thankyou

Supaman

I was raised Catholic- The values of the religion have caused conflicts for me as well. For instance, I probably would not be considered a very good Catholic currently since:

I don't attend mass regularly.

I had sex before marriage.

I use birth control.

I do not oppose homosexuality/bisexuality.

I think priests should be able to marry.

I think women should be allowed to be priests.

Obviously my current behavior/views do not make me "great" in the eyes of my religion. Yet I don't think I'm going to Hell...

I found that religion was a tool for me when I was a child- to help me know "right" from "wrong". As a child, ones needs concrete guidance and structure- as an adult I can see the flexibility in morals. I still feel I am a good, virtous person, but also a realistic one. There are GRAY areas when it comes to morality. For example, I don't think stealing is a "SIN" if a person is poor.

You have to create a healthy balance between who you are and what religion dictates. Do not feel like less of a person because you are bisexual. In my eyes, a good person is simply a good person, regardless of what they do in their bedroom. I have many friends who are gay and bisexual and they live more "moral" lives than some of my heterosexual friends and other people who attend to my church.

BellaDonna

This is a difficult situation just because what is presented in the bible and it doesnt seem to be supportive of homosexuality. This is an issue that you are going to have to work out for yourself. It would seem that if religion is important to you then you shouldnt give it up because you think it conflicts with you being bisexual. I'm sure there are people who wont like that but you are the only one that has to live your life and , your life is the choices you make.

I haven't read all the replies to this post but I'll give my general input on the subject.

First and foremost, You are who you are. It is a matter of what is more important, remaining happy with the individual you truly love and will be content with -or- choosing another path which you are not satisfied by, but fufills a religious gap and pleases other. My thoughts are, as long as it is consenting and legal what you're doing, its up to you to choose what you're happy with. Live life by a book or live life by your own accord.

Everyone has a different viewpoint, keep in mind there is no single religion in this world nor is there a single ideal.

Wow!!! This is a very controversial subject, and I know that there will never be one answer to the question. All I can offer is my own life experience. For the most part of my life, I have been fighting my feelings for the same sex because of this issue. Is it "RIGHT" to be gay? Who has the right to say? Really, who has the right to control our lives in every aspect? I am religious and turned to God for support. At a point recently in my life, I just felt He would guide me to what He wanted for me. I am now 24 years old and know without a doubt that I am attracted to women. I feel like He allowed me to see it. Now, not everyone believes that it was God who helped me, it is just the way I am supposed to live my life. I can see that. It just feels better to know that someone is watching over me. Being religious, I also believe that what every body else believes is their right and that is how their life will be guided. alfal99, you have to follow your heart and how you want to live your life. You have the answer and I think you already know what it is. We can come on here and post responses and try to help, but live your life not anybody else's.

My religion is Church of England (Protestant) but I only go to church when I have to, baptisms, marriages and deaths. When I was in my teens I was a Sunday School Teacher.

Jesus 'tried' to tell us that we should love one another. So thereforeeee we have to treat others how we expect to be treated ourselves. He didn't say don't love same sex individuals! Where in the 10 Commandments does it mention that we can't?

If God wasn't happy with the situation don't you think he would have wiped out all the homosexuals, bisexuals, etc!

We are all sinners from the moment we become children! There are worse sins than 'same sex' relationships, e.g. murder, rape, abuse, incest, etc.

What makes you think God didn't intend for this to happen? He did tell Noah to put all 'species' on the Ark! Are we not descendents of the people onboard!

Now back to the gay and bisexual part

Like I said earlier nothing comes before god, and that is why it is a sin, cause you are putting LOVE forsomeone else other then god before him.

By the same logic you could say that straight marriage is sinful. Are you opposed to straight marriage? Besides, I was under the impression that God IS love.

No matter what any of you say, it is a sin, always will be a sin, and will deem you to go to hell if you stay with that sin. Its blunt but its true

No, it's not true, it's what YOU think. You are entitled to your beliefs, but since I strongly suspect that you are heterosexual I doubt you have done very serious thinking on this topic. For seven years there hasn't been a week in my life that has passed where I haven't been conscious of being homosexual. I have struggled with this in relation to being Catholic, and I have come to this conclusion: A God that would send someone to Hell simply for LOVING other human being (and I believe that love is the most noble of all human emotions) --- that God is cruel, unjust, and evil. I want nothing to do with such a God, and if he/she wishes to send me to Hell for this, so be it.

But I do NOT believe that such a God exists. I believe that God is all-loving and merciful, the God that is revealed in Scripture, a God that is Love itself. Such a God would celebrate any kind of love and bless it, and he/she has blessed my love in kind.

It is true that the church teaches that homosexuality is evil, but the church is a human institution, very flawed. The church has tortured people on the rack for being Protestant, slayed Muslims for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, raped altar boys, and suppressed women. I do love the church, but it is FAR from perfect.

It is true that there are verses in the Bible that SEEM to indicate that homosexuality is a sin, but there are also verses that support slavery, genocide, and punishing Sabbath violators with capital punishment. The church no longer supports these practices and I doubt you do.

Now to say this...I do apologize if I hurt someone cause it probably will, and I also have nothing against gays and bisexuals I have a few that are friends

But clearly you DO have something against gays and bisexuals because you said, and I quote, "it is a sin, always will be a sin, and will deem you to go to hell if you stay with that sin." There is something about the behavior which you believe is fundamentally wrong. I can't imagine what, but you are entitled to your beliefs. Your friends must find this very hurtful.

Also all of this is MY opinion dont say im wrong because i believe I am right.

The fact that you believe something does not make it true. Nor does it entitle your belief to respect. It is better to form an opinion based on coherent logic and observations than raw emotion. I can believe that the moon is made of cheese, but people don't have to take me seriously.