40 minutes ago, Charlotte mphela said:

Would you participate in fun, meaningful and exclusive speed dating events aimed at finding you the perfect partner? 

I chose not to when I was dating because I already was doing so many activities and ways of finding a good match for me for marriage and family.  I was looking for someone perfect for me not perfection.  Speed dating would not have been fun for me in that  way but a means to an end.  Social interactions that are fun to me are one on one catch ups with a close friend, shared activities with friends or a group like long walks, hikes, trying a new place for a meal, traveling to a new place or country, volunteering with a group, a book club, etc.  Speed dating would not have been meaningful to me personally. 

I don't think the organizers should claim they can aim at finding anyone the perfect partner because it wholly depends on who shows up and why.  I loved the Sex and the City episode when Miranda tried it -she  told him she was a flight attendant and he  told her he was a doctor but it all unraveled on a second or third date when she cut her finger badly and he balked at the sight of blood lol.  

No, I wouldn't.

I prefer the opposite approach. Meeting a whole bunch of people at one time and only getting to have brief, probably superficial conversations doesn't seem like a good way of finding a potential person to become my perfect partner. I believe in getting to know someone naturally, meeting them in the course of everyday life and becoming friends first. If something develops from there, all the better.

Really, I'm not a fan of the standard dating concept anyway. So speed dating would not be for me.

But if you want to, it's all up to you. Do what makes you happy.

5 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Are you advertising for one?

Exactly my thought. People generally use dating apps for this. They set up quick meets for coffee to check one another out. Could it be advantageous to have a bunch of people line up to do this in one place? Maybe. I just think the post sounds over-promising and likely a set up for a big expense.

• Like 1

I heard something on this recently. People are apparently becoming so fustrated with the datng app culture they are turning back to older ideas and concepts, including speed dating.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/03/06/speed-dating-apps/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/health-wellness/2024/04/03/speed-dating-is-making-a-comeback-is-gen-z-done-with-dating-apps/73187068007/

Everything old will eventually be new again. Guess that means I'll someday go from being the out of touch old-guy to the trendsetter ahead of the curve and all I have to do is not change a thing. Right? 🤪

• Haha 1