Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

One Hit Wonders...

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Coily said:

Ever listen to Joan from back in the Runaways?

Cherry bomb? Mmmm. Maybe. 

I've heard some of their songs, but I never really got into them. But I do remember listening to "Cherry Bomb" and thinking it was a catchy tune.

I dig Crimson and Clover. Is she talking about a guy or a girl? Drugs or Love? Over and over. Who knows?😂

Just now, yogacat said:

I dig Crimson and Clover. Is she talking about a guy or a girl? Drugs or Love? Over and over. Who knows?😂

Yes. LOL

The Runaways had some catchy stuff. I'm a new wave kind of guy, with some old punk tunes i like. Some of Joan's covers are better than the originals I hate to say. (not really)

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Coily said:

Yes. LOL

The Runaways had some catchy stuff. I'm a new wave kind of guy, with some old punk tunes i like. Some of Joan's covers are better than the originals I hate to say. (not really)

I feel Crimson and Clover can be interpreted in different ways. Heck it could be about hemrroids for all I know. But I think it mainly comes down to love and perhaps the confusion that comes with it.

The lyrics seem to express a desire for someone or something, but also a fear of getting too close, as they sing "now I don't hardly know her, but I think I could love her." So it could be about a new love interest or a past relationship that still lingers. 

Ummm...sometimes covers are 1000 times BETTER than the original. She does a fine job. 

Punk like flock a seagulls or the Ramones?

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, yogacat said:

Punk like flock a seagulls or the Ramones?

Yep.

Definitely agree that the open interpretation makes some songs more interesting. It lets the listener get lost.

• Like 2