Weird/Scary Dream Last Night...

Hey guys, last night I dreamt I was on a date that wasn't going well (he was verbally harassing me) and I left and went to the rooftop of the hotel we were having dinner at.

For some reason I had my car, my little red 2-seater from 10 years ago, and I pushed it over the rooftop and watched it fall and crash to the ground below. 

I remember thinking I wished I had been in the car and then suddenly I jumped off the roof, I remember falling in the dream and felt a sense of peace knowing I would die but woke up before I hit the ground. 

I wasn't scared during the dream, but thinking about it now, I'm AM scared!

I keep thinking it's some sort of premonition, I've had those before and they've come true. 

I researched it and found this:

In a dream, jumping off a high place can represent a desire to escape a difficult situation or to take a risk to achieve something important.  It can also symbolize a feeling of freedom and liberation.

What are your thoughts about it?  I can't seem to shake the feeling that something awful is about to happen to me.

Thanks guys. 

28 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

In a dream, jumping off a high place can represent a desire to escape a difficult situation or to take a risk to achieve something important.  It can also symbolize a feeling of freedom and liberation.

If you are going through a divorce, the stress can show up in any number of ways.  Maybe dreams are processing some things you're going through? 

• Thanks 1

Dreams are not premonitions, they are just the reflection of our subcontiousness. For example, yours are perfectly alligned with your own situation. Divorce, maybe bad dates, desire to escape that pattern symbolizing in you jumping. There is no bad connotation there. Again, just a reflection of your own subcontiousness.

• Thanks 1

I like the analysis here. Also you've been back in the dating world, taking some risks as you've written about here and you've also written about how taking those risks kind of make you feel free/liberated in the more spontaneous/impulsive sense.  I don't think it's a premonition either for the reasons Catfeeder said (nor do I believe in those generally). 

I'm sorry it was so weird and scary!

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much guys, y'all make a lot of sense.  

I feel much better today but funny thing happened (a bit of irony?) but last night I was watching an old Perry Mason episode, "The Case of the Ruthless Reporter," and one of the female characters had a fight with her husband, left the scene in her RED two-seater sports car, and drove it off the side of a cliff to her death!!

Coincidence?  Probably but eery anyway.  The timing of it, the day after I dreamt something similar - fight with my date, and pushing my red two-seater sports car off the roof, then jumping off myself.  

Anyway, not gonna worry about, thanks again for grounding me about this.

I'm a lucid dreamer and some of my dreams can be quite unnerving!!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, rainbowsandroses said:

I'm a lucid dreamer and some of my dreams can be quite unnerving!!

I deeply think our dreams are based on our current and past emotions. If you feel nervous, you are going to dream something that has a scenario allowing the nervousness to show up in the dream... 

Last night I dreamt I was getting married, but I had a big fragment of glass into my chest, bleeding and suffering, and was still able to party... The story was crazy, even stupid, but the emotions were very familiar to me. I just hope its not premonitory LOL.

• Thanks 1

I think you're all right, it's my subconscious processing emotions due to events happening or have recently happened in my life.  

Also what @catfeedersaid about leap of faith resonates with me.

I think also what I had found doing research:

19 hours ago, rainbowsandroses said:

It can also symbolize a feeling of freedom and liberation.

It's interesting that in my dream, while I was falling I felt a sense of peace versus feeling fear which follows what's quoted - the feeling of freedom and liberation.

I love dreams!  💛

Thanks again everyone!

• Like 2
13 hours ago, rainbowsandroses said:

I feel much better today but funny thing happened (a bit of irony?) but last night I was watching an old Perry Mason episode, "The Case of the Ruthless Reporter," and one of the female characters had a fight with her husband, left the scene in her RED two-seater sports car, and drove it off the side of a cliff to her death!!

Lol, if anyone is interested in Perry Mason, I have the DVD movie collection and got mixed up with the episodes.  It was the episode after "The Ruthless Reporter" -  "The Case of the Maligned Mobster - where the woman drove her red sports car over the cliff.

I dunno Perry Mason probably deserves his own thread cause he's the MAN along with Bogart in Casablanca but I realize I'm getting off track.  

Just wanted to clarify the episode if anyone was inclined to check it out. 😅

• Like 1