Lost interest?

I just need to share my recent experience and see what you guys think.

I’m now in a camp and it all started in the beginning of May. There’s a guy here that started looking at me in a way that I could feel he’s interested. I like him a lot as well.

One day he said let’s grab some drinks together so I agreed. We met and had two beers - not a proper date but more like small chat, get to know each other and be friendly. He gave me a few compliments and somehow made it clear he’s interested. In the end of the “date” he gave me a brief hug and a cheek kiss and we parted away.

One night we had dinner with him and three more people. He was giving me a lot of compliments all the time. Everyone could feel he likes me a lot. Then I became even more interested in him. At one point he got drunk and started touching my leg, but since there were other people I pushed his hand and said “stop”. He stopped and maybe an hour later we all left the dinner.

After that I invited him to meet again couple of times but every time he said he’s busy but we’ll talk soon and meet. So I stopped inviting him and he did not reach out yet too. However every time we randomly see each other out in the camp he is looking at me in the same way as the beginning.

He is recently divorced (6 months) so what I think is he’s either not ready for something new and just playing to get attention or he has reconciled with his ex wife. Or maybe just lost interest.

I will be happy to hear what you think.

19 minutes ago, utopia said:

After that I invited him to meet again couple of times but every time he said he’s busy but we’ll talk soon and meet. So I stopped inviting him and he did not reach out yet too. However every time we randomly see each other out in the camp he is looking at me in the same way as the beginning.

He is recently divorced (6 months) so what I think is he’s either not ready for something new and just playing to get attention or he has reconciled with his ex wife. Or maybe just lost interest.

Ahh yeah.. stay away!

Someone in his position is in no way okay to get involved again. Not freshly divorced.  If things between them aren't all cleared up yet, you'd be a rebound - and they are not nice 😕 .

Plus, he began to distance himself since you stopped him from becoming too friendly - and he may had some offence to that , bruised ego 😉 .. Oh well.

Move along and tread carefully w/ guys like this.  Don't end up letting yourself be used as they struggle to work through the ending of their relationship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, utopia said:

He is recently divorced (6 months) so what I think is he’s either not ready for something new and just playing to get attention or he has reconciled with his ex wife.

It could be a combination of all of the above. 

I would try not to take it personally. It doesn't sound as though he's in a position to date anyone right now. It would be best if you don't put your eggs in this basket. 

2 hours ago, utopia said:

At one point he got drunk and started touching my leg, but since there were other people I pushed his hand and said “stop”. He stopped and maybe an hour later we all left the dinner.

After that I invited him to meet again couple of times but every time he said he’s busy but we’ll talk soon and meet.

Yeah, he lost interest after you turned him down. Which suggests he only wanted one thing. Move on.

6 hours ago, utopia said:

he got drunk and started touching my leg, but since there were other people I pushed his hand and said “stop”. He stopped and maybe an hour later we all left the dinner.

All you can do is step back. Unfortunately it seems like he's just looking for hookups. Men who are interested in dating you, ask you out one-on-one, not just get drunk and frisky, then disappear.

7 hours ago, utopia said:

I just need to share my recent experience and see what you guys think.

I’m now in a camp and it all started in the beginning of May. There’s a guy here that started looking at me in a way that I could feel he’s interested. I like him a lot as well.

One day he said let’s grab some drinks together so I agreed. We met and had two beers - not a proper date but more like small chat, get to know each other and be friendly. He gave me a few compliments and somehow made it clear he’s interested. In the end of the “date” he gave me a brief hug and a cheek kiss and we parted away.

One night we had dinner with him and three more people. He was giving me a lot of compliments all the time. Everyone could feel he likes me a lot. Then I became even more interested in him. At one point he got drunk and started touching my leg, but since there were other people I pushed his hand and said “stop”. He stopped and maybe an hour later we all left the dinner.

I will be happy to hear what you think.

It sounds like he was looking for a booty call and when you said "stop", at his advances, he decided to move on.

• Like 1

I would agree that he does like you, but isn't interested or ready for anything serious. It seems that he wanted a sexual fling of some kind while recovering from his divorce.

If he was interested in something beyond a hookup, he would not dismiss your invitations without suggesting another day that would work for both of you.

• Like 1
On 7/12/2023 at 2:41 AM, utopia said:

Well yeah, I saw him with the wife and two kids. I guess he just lied about the divorce. I feel bad for being so naive. I should be more skeptical about what people tell me.

Try to view this interaction as something positive. You learnt a good lesson on to not take people at face value. That not everyone is being honest on who and what they are, so best to find out first before agreeing to a date.

In future, you will now be more cautious and more experienced so that the liars and cheaters won't be able to fool you. x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1