Can anybody please tell me how I should take this?

I (30M) have been talking to someone (34F) for a little over a month now. We’ve been on 3 dates with the last one being this past Wednesday. They all have been going really well. Really good conversation, always laughing, kiss at the end. She’s not the best texter. Like she’s much easier to talk to in person than through text. So I try not to text her too much. Every other day or so. I texted her on Thursday, she never replied (and my message wasn’t anything to reply to so I didn’t care about that). So I texted her yesterday afternoon and told her to have fun with her friends and to let me know how the one place they were going to was. She gave me a very short answer. And then an hour later said she thought I forgot about her? I have texted her the same way for the past 3 weeks so I was very confused. So then the whole rest of the day we are texting about how I feel about her and wanting to see her more and stuff. She agreed that she wanted to see me more too. I sent a text late last night saying I apologize if you thought I wasn’t interested, I just wasn’t trying to be overbearing with the texting. I never got a reply from her. So I texted her today and asked how her day was and she replied to that so I asked if she was free anytime this week and if she would want to get together. No reply.  She’s giving me some crazy mixed signals and I am very confused. It seems like the communication through text is causing issues. She’s seemed like a very mature person up to this point.

I agree, some people are not adept at texting and since it's in writing, communication or lack thereof can be perceived as blunt and indifferent.  There are people in my life who are great in person and terrible via text, emails, voicemails, etc. 

Perhaps agree to a compromise.  Ask for a brief phone conversation appointment, ask her verbally for a get together, arrange a date, time, location, etc.  Then, in person ask her about how to resolve this communication style's mixed signals. 

If she continues to ignore you, she's inconsiderate and rude.  Question if you want to date someone like this flake?  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Cherylyn said:

I agree, some people are not adept at texting and since it's in writing, communication or lack thereof can be perceived as blunt and indifferent.  There are people in my life who are great in person and terrible via text, emails, voicemails, etc. 

Perhaps agree to a compromise.  Ask for a brief phone conversation appointment, ask her verbally for a get together, arrange a date, time, location, etc.  Then, in person ask her about how to resolve this communication style's mixed signals. 

If she continues to ignore you, she's inconsiderate and rude.  Question if you want to date someone like this flake?  

Yes- good point -it's worth asking for a phone call. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SirIssacNutin said:

. I texted her on Thursday, she never replied.  So I texted her yesterday  I have texted her the same way for the past 3 weeks.  I sent a text late last night. So I texted her today . It seems like the communication through text is causing issues. 

Keep in mind you're both still talking to and meeting others after just three dates, so she may be focusing on others as well.

You're right that the excessive texting is causing issues. Try to cut down on the texting. Wait for a reply before texting her.

I don't see how she thinks you "forgot" about her when you had a date on Wednesday, then texted her the next day. 

It sounds like she's stirring up needless drama. I would not continue reaching out to her. You have asked her out, and now the ball is in her court. If she does not reply, keep moving. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, SirIssacNutin said:

She’s seemed like a very mature person up to this point.

You dont know her and people are at their best at first. What you see now is what you will get in future. Somebody immature who would be casual about stuff and then transfer all the blame on to you. So I would opt out completely of this one, sorry.

Not worth it. Date those who treat you the way you expect to be treated. She's one of those, when called out on her behavior, diverts the blame onto you. I sure wouldn't put up with that. Ever since she "assumed" you forgot about her you have pretty much been groveling when you did absolutely nothing wrong.  She's being a jerk. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

Not worth it. Date those who treat you the way you expect to be treated. She's one of those, when called out on her behavior, diverts the blame onto you. I sure wouldn't put up with that. Ever since she "assumed" you forgot about her you have pretty much been groveling when you did absolutely nothing wrong.  She's being a jerk. 

Yeah I’ve realized I’m probably the side option for her right now. I’m not doing anything more. If she does reply I’m going to ask to call her and figure out what her deal is.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, SirIssacNutin said:

told her to have fun with her friends and to let me know how the one place they were going to was. She gave me a very short answer...She’s seemed like a very mature person up to this point.

I am exhausted reading about your thought process.  Why are you asking a bad texter to keep texting you while she's out with friends?  Just call her.  I hate texting.  I really do.  If she's great in person, keep it that way. 

2 hours ago, tattoobunnie said:

I am exhausted reading about your thought process.  Why are you asking a bad texter to keep texting you while she's out with friends?  Just call her.  I hate texting.  I really do.  If she's great in person, keep it that way. 

Well I meant the next day to let me know, not text me throughout the night. That's when she hit me with the "I thought you forgot about me" because I didn't text her for a day and a half. But if she ever responds to wanting to get together, I would love to talk to her in person/on the phone.