Update: I think that’s us finally over

8 hours ago, Redyroo said:

So I’m taking this space again to try detach best way possible.

I'll be blunt: that makes zero sense.

You're still together. Staying together and merely taking "space" is not going to help you detach. I am sure you know this but you're playing games with yourself now. This approach is just going to keep you hanging on to this dysfunctional dynamic. 

You won't detach until you end it competely. Otherwise you're simply fooling yourself into thinking this will somehow help you, when really all you're actually doing is looking for a way to not let go. 

OP you need to let go of that security blanket. 

Idk if you miss the attention, drama, the fact you had a bf, but he is no good for you. He's not "the one". This is one of those moments where you have to use your head to guide your judgement despite what your feelings say.

It's like ripping a band-aid. You'll be surprised at how your body will even feel once you fully cut contact with him. And, there will be so many other men out there who will give you a normal fulfilling and healthy relationship.

• Like 1

Make it much more simple so you're not tempted to go there with the fancy analytic terminology and tell yourself about "space" and "detach". You two don't play nicely in the sandbox together.  Go to your separate corners of the sandbox and you'll find others to play with.  You're almost there, finish the task.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Batya33 said:

I've heard it helps to get a stack of index cards -and then get out your journal and on each card write one negative thing about him/your interactions with him.  Flip through them when you get tempted to interact with him again.

I absolutely love this idea! Thank you!!

I might have missed it if it was mentioned in previous pages. Do you have any support? 

Focusing on your career, ending it permanently for good and gaining more support like a doctor or therapy all help. I didn’t realize this person is still contacting you. I thought you finished with him and he’s gone, nada, hero to zero in outer space. Let go. Stay with your support and move on. Focus on yourself and moving forwards with your career.

• Like 2