Its not fair!

When I had my son, I had a very difficult delivery and ended up with vaginal prolapse, despite the fact that I was only 37 years old. Prolapse does not occur in women my age .I had to have surgery to fix it .I felt like I'd lost a big part of myself because having sex after my surgery was not the same. Now, 10 years later, I'm having more pain with sex and it's very difficult because I'm single and looking for my partner. I haven't had a committed relationship since my surgery.
The last guy I dated was cruel, telling me that I couldn't even keep up with him in terms of sex. I was having sex with him every night for 3 months for 4 hours a night, and it was starting to hurt me .Despite the fact that he knew about my operation, he still had to say that hurtful thing. I am a very sexual person I love sex but it hurts and there is nothing that i can do about it 

6 hours ago, ohmylissa said:

I was having sex with him every night for 3 months for 4 hours a night, and it was starting to hurt me .

I doubt he'd find anyone who'd be able to keep that up, or even want to. Prolapse or not, it's going to hurt. There are considerate and caring guys out there, but he's not one of them. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ohmylissa said:

I was having sex with him every night for 3 months for 4 hours a night, and it was starting to hurt me

That would hurt just about anyone, pre-existing medical condition or not. Way too much. That doesn't even sound remotely sexy, just boring and irritating. 

Just because this man was a jerk does not mean others will be, OP. Please consult a doctor and perhaps also a counselor who can help you untangle the hurt feelings from your relationship with this man. 

8 hours ago, ohmylissa said:

The last guyI was having sex with him every night for 3 months for 4 hours a night, and it was starting to hurt me .

It's difficult dating as a single parent. However part of that process is seeing if you are compatible. 

Avoid rough sex. Talk to your doctor. End situations when there's this much sexual incompatibility.

Use common sense. Stop if it hurts.

4 hours ago, MissCanuck said:

That would hurt just about anyone, pre-existing medical condition or not. Way too much. That doesn't even sound remotely sexy, just boring and irritating. 

Just because this man was a jerk does not mean others will be, OP. Please consult a doctor and perhaps also a counselor who can help you untangle the hurt feelings from your relationship with this man. 

I agree, that would hurt anyone. 

He sounds like a jerk and I promise not all men -or all people! -are like that.  I had a post-birth complication that was highly unusual for my age when I gave birth at 42 - could have died and was a main factor in our decision not to try for a second.  Pregnancy and birth are a huge blessing and come with huge risks whether you're 17, 27 or 37.  I'd do two things -I'd look into options re making sex less difficult/painful and separately I'd never ever let this one guy who acted like such a jerk (I bet it wasn't the only jerky thing he said or did!!) - dissuade you from trying to meet people.  Please don't.  Don't let him win.