Does it sound like this girl is now single?

That36guy

I have this former co-worker whom I use to like a few years ago, but then she got a boyfriend and she left for a new job not long after that. Her and her boyfriend started dating near the end of 2018 and there would be times since then where the two of them would come in shopping at the store that I work at and she'd basically ignore me. There was a time before her boyfriend where I was pretty sure that she liked me, but then she got her boyfriend and she started giving me the cold shoulder. But now I think that she might be single.

Out of curiosity last week, I visited her Facebook and her usual profile picture and cover photos featuring her boyfriend were replaced with her profile picture being just of her with a new hairstyle and her cover photo of her and a girl friend. I also went to her boyfriend's profile and even though he's not super active, his last post from just a week ago was him posting this:

"Some people have boyfriends, some people have girlfriends. I have lost interest in everything."

Now I'm thinking that they broke up, but I want to be sure. This girl actually came in shopping a few days ago with a girl friend and I don't know if she saw me, but now I'm considering making a move and asking her out on a date. I just need to make sure that she and her boyfriend have officially broken up. What do you think? Does it sound like she's single now?

We cannot tell you that OP.   No crystal ball I am afraid. So you will have to ask her straight out, won't you.  At the very least speak to her when she next comes in. 

I take it this is a different girl to the "lunch-bag" girl?  Yes?

28 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

Hold off on the date, and just strike up a few convos, like say "wow you are looking great! So what's happening in your life?" Just lead into it. 

What if she just ignores me like in the past when she'd come in with her boyfriend? I'd try to smile at her and start a conversation, but she'd just look away and walk off without a word to me.

Please, OP. Lol. Don't let's go down this road again. Over-thinking and second-guessing. She is NOT with her BF this time!

1 minute ago, That36guy said:

I'd try to smile at her and start a conversation, but she'd just look away and walk off without a word to me.

How do you KNOW that, OP?

If you speak to her she will surely reply something, if only out of politeness.  What kind of person turns and walks away without a word if someone speaks to her. 

You won't know if you don't try.

11 minutes ago, That36guy said:

What if she just ignores me like in the past when she'd come in with her boyfriend? I'd try to smile at her and start a conversation, but she'd just look away and walk off without a word to me.

You'd have to speak to her to ask her for a date.

Please don't Facebook message/Snapchat to ask her out. That's lame. Speak to her directly, don't use words typed on an electronic device.

14 minutes ago, That36guy said:

Then this shows you that she is not interested.

But I agree with other post on trying to at least warm up to her first.. See IF she adds you as a 'friend' on fb, etc.

And, remember, she just recently broke up.. so she may not even want to get into dating again .. for a while. 😕 

8 minutes ago, SooSad33 said:

Then this shows you that she is not interested.

But I agree with other post on trying to at least warm up to her first.. See IF she adds you as a 'friend' on fb, etc.

And, remember, she just recently broke up.. so she may not even want to get into dating again .. for a while. 😕 

So you think that they actually broke up?

No one knows.  How could we?  Ask someone, OP whether or not she still has a BF.

14 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Please don't Facebook message/Snapchat to ask her out. That's lame. Speak to her directly, don't use words typed on an electronic device.

I agree with Bolt.   Be brave!  She won't bite you!

11 minutes ago, That36guy said:

So you think that they actually broke up?

Don't know, but seems their profiles have changed.

Either way, she may not even be into dating again... and you don't even know if she will talk to you.

It helps to at least have someone you have an interest in, to at least want to 'talk'...

49 minutes ago, That36guy said:

If she does this after you try strike up a conversation with you, you can assume she is not interested -  and therefore you should not ask her out. 

43 minutes ago, MissCanuck said:
1 hour ago, That36guy said:

she'd just look away and walk off without a word to me.

If she does this after you try strike up a conversation with you, you can assume she is not interested -  and therefore you should not ask her out. 

It is all so simple OP. What terrible thing will happen if she does not wish to converse with you?  Nothing! You really need to toughen up OP. 

Archived