Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Diabetes: Journey of Self control

Seraphim

Ugh. Today was bloodwork day. I hate it. They also made me pee in the cup. They said it is standard now for diabetics. Standard since Jan? Whatever. I had just gone P before I went to the lab because well I don’t want to go pee at the lab. So they made me drink water and wait around to pee. My watch went off several times telling me my heart rate was 140 sitting down doing nothing which is ridiculous. I was so anxiety ridden I wanted to run out screaming. 

I think my blood work this time will be bad . 😓

I had to have a drug screening yesterday. Their cleanliness standards were so bad! They had me pee, but they had given me a key to a lockbox where my car keys and ID were kept. They wouldn't let me wash my hands in the bathroom where I peed, but they expected me to handle this key with a rubber keyring with unwashed hands? Which made me realize everyone was handling that key with pee on their hands. I finally got to wash my hands, then they made me sign a document AND sign a computerized doc with an electronic pen. Both of which are handled by all of the people who gave samples. And the lab tech complained when I asked to wash my hands again! She wanted me to hurry because they were overbooked. Well, I washed them anyway. They can get over it. So gross.

I'm sorry you also had an anxious experience.  But your tests could still come out fine.

I would die, so gross.  For me the anxiety is I do not like enclosed spaces at all .  The lifelabs on base is very small . The bathroom smaller. I am very anxious about my AIC right now. I want to stay diet regulated.  The sooner you go on medication is kind of the shorter your life gets . 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

I would die, so gross.  For me the anxiety is I do not like enclosed spaces at all .  The lifelabs on base is very small . The bathroom smaller. I am very anxious about my AIC right now. I want to stay diet regulated.  The sooner you go on medication is kind of the shorter your life gets . 

This lab had me wait in my car until they were ready to take my sample. I did like that setup.

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Ohhh whatcha going to have?? 

For lunch I had hubby pick me up a Big Mac and fries . I haven’t had that in probably a year and it tasted weird to me probably because it has been that long. But it filled the craving for gross food. Lol. I am happy now and can go back to eating how I am supposed to. 

• Haha 1
Just now, Seraphim said:

For lunch I had hubby pick me up a Big Mac and fries . I haven’t had that in probably a year and it tasted weird to me probably because it has been that long. But it filled the craving for gross food. Lol. I am happy now and can go back to eating how I am supposed to. 

Yes!!! Go all out and then you're good for a while again. I'm the same way. 

Just now, itsallgrand said:

You are doing awesome! I admire how you have done what you have to do in order to be healthy, even though it's not always easy. 

It is so so so hard. I am scared of this blood draw because I have gained some weight and my A1C might be up. After my husband had his head injury I just let stuff go. We really have had a hard time lately. So I am down on myself for that. I do however make a VERY conscious effort every meal to eat what I should and to always do better when I have a down fall. All I can do from now is to go up and do better . My doctor knows how hard I try. 

Saturday I ate everything I wanted including bread and spaghetti but I walked 16,000 steps that day so I could afford the calories and carbs and definitely not something I usually do. When my boys eat spaghetti I eat Tofu or Cauliflower with the sauce on it and I don’t eat bread. So I really really do try. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Lol so true. It revolts..sometimes literally. 😆

You got that right. My intestines HATE me right now . But they have been really really bad since Covid. I can’t eat anything without rolling in pain. I reordered my probiotics and I talk to my doctor Thursday . Apparently Ba.5 causes havoc with the intestinal tract and I already have issues so it doesn’t help much .