Getting back together with a girl who's not over her ex?

Wolfshook

So, I've been with this girl for about 2 months now but we started going on dates about 3 months before that. She was recently out of a relationship when I met her so I decided to take it slow (because I knew from my past experience with breakup how things went on). Her relationship was on and off for about 3 years.

I was kind of prepared for this breakup even though she hasn't talked much about him (only on a couple of few dates in the beginning but hey, I know how I felt few months after my big breakup) so this time I'm not really that sad about it, but I really liked her and we clicked very good and had almost all the same values.

She left me last saturday telling me that her ex contacted her and she figured out she isnt really over him so she doesnt want to lead me on.

My question would be, is there any way for us to get back together when she gets over her ex (I know that this is reaaaally vague question,but if anybody has any experience)? Should I try contacting her in a few months if I'm still single?

I went immediate no contact with her since I have no desire to be friends with her, it's not even that hard, I haven't really developed much feelings for her (I'm a lot more guarded these days) but I can see a future with somebody like her.

Getting back together with a girl who's not over her ex?

Makes no sense. I'd tell the girl that I can picture the two of us together someday, and that's why I'm walking away while we both still think highly of one another. She can work out her old business, and if she ever finds herself free an clear of the ex and is completely over him, and she wants to pursue a committed relationship with me, she can let me know. If I'm still available then, we can meet to catch up. Otherwise, I wish her the best.

Setting yourself up as a distraction to one who's focused on someone else isn't very bright.

Well what I did was just cut the contact. Told her she deserves better in her life than somebody who will do that to her (she's beautiful but has 0 self esteem and I believe it's because of him).

She told me not to think that she's running back to him but it's all too soon for her and then I just cut the contact.

If she comes back, you will always be wondering if her X is going to be in the picture. Do you want to be in a relationship with someone that you will always have to look over your shoulder? If she giggles at a text you have to wonder if its her X? It will drive you mad. Because this is what you are going to get if she comes back. Find someone else who is more emotionally available to you

Makes no sense. I'd tell the girl that I can picture the two of us together someday, and that's why I'm walking away while we both still think highly of one another. She can work out her old business, and if she ever finds herself free an clear of the ex and is completely over him, and she wants to pursue a committed relationship with me, she can let me know. If I'm still available then, we can meet to catch up. Otherwise, I wish her the best.

Setting yourself up as a distraction to one who's focused on someone else isn't very bright.

Dam I wish I would of said this bro dam should of left while we thought highly of each other

Archived