Does “not caring” really get a guy’s attention

jaquiiiimez

Play hard to get and it's the perfect way to attract the attention of an unavailable person.

Not to be confused with swinging too far to the other side and being too eager and needy.

Somewhere in the middle where you exude confidence and security. You can engage someone without having to play any games.

Your last sentence seems to contradict the first.

My friend doesn’t believe me that if you ignore a guy. The more he’ll be attracted. And if he doesn’t care then it’s a good thing. Can someone help me help her understand

Can you explain to us how ignoring someone will make someone attached!?

Let me tell you this. This ONLY works if the other person likes you enough. If there semi or low interested. This would be just a waste of time of just stupid game playing.

Agree. The hard to get mantra is an ancient urban legend/myth started by the PUA community to appeal to losers and make them believe that by increasing their "value" (being aloof, arrogant etc) they can trick "hot women" into chasing them in bars and clubs. It's complete rubbish. Also agree that the TMI/open book people get real boring real fast because of the needy, clingy vibe. If someone has to play games to get someone interested that's about as lame as it gets.

Perhaps very early on, a person who isn't very available has an air of mystery about them, and some might find that attractive- regardless of their gender.
My friend doesn’t believe me that if you ignore a guy. The more he’ll be attracted. And if he doesn’t care then it’s a good thing. Can someone help me help her understand

That approach may work sometimes. As humans we sometimes desire what we can't have. Some people also like challenges. They see it as sport. Some people may chase people who appear uninterested, because they really don't want to be in a relationship. There's lots of reasons why humans behave certain ways.

Your idea that is you ignore a guy and he'll be more attracted seems true to you because of our ability to find what we are looking for. If you believe something, you will notice it when it happens and use it as proof. We ignore, or are oblivious, when it doesn't happen,. This strengthens our case. it's a form of cognitive bias.

Your idea is true, some of the time. That does not mean it is true all of the time. I suspect most men will ignore a woman that ignores them.

She will find a relationship and you'll get a lot of catch and release guys. So tell her that her way leads to relationships and your way leads to a lot of pump and dumps.

My friend doesn’t believe me that if you ignore a guy. The more he’ll be attracted. Can someone help me help her understand
I used to be very shy around guys, and because of that I would inadvertently ignore them, I didn't do it on purpose but It was a fear response, and so it came across as aloofness and like I was ignoring them. I did this to guys I had crushes on who didnt know I existed, and also to guys that I knew liked me, whether I also liked them or not. So basically any guy that wasn't a friend.

And all of those guys moved on to date other women who gave them the time of day. And I was single for a long time until I changed my ways. Lesson learned.

I did this at times too, but I think being shy/fearful is completely different than ignoring someone on purpose as a game.

Archived