• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you believe that if you did agree to marry him and you two got married and had children, that he would absolutely, without a doubt, have sex with other women?

We don’t plan on having children, but to the rest of your question, i don’t know. Truth be told he IS getting older and slowing down (and he acknowledges this, lol), but that doesn’t preclude much. I guess we’ll see, lol!

We don’t plan on having children, but to the rest of your question, i don’t know. Truth be told he IS getting older and slowing down (and he acknowledges this, lol), but that doesn’t preclude much. I guess we’ll see, lol!

If I were in your shoes, I would take things slowly. There's no point to rush into marriage, especially if you don't want kids. You can just be together or just live together, you don't need that legal bond until you are 150% sure he's the right one.

You had named being "a good father" as one of your requirements in a husband, so I presumed you were planning to have more children.

You also stated all husbands cheat, which is why I asked if you were OK with him cheating sexually as long as he met all your other requirements.

That does not preclude much. My ex could look up old exes and "ones that almost were" up on the internet and start chattng no matter if his whackadoodle was working or not.

You had named being "a good father" as one of your requirements in a husband, so I presumed you were planning to have more children.

You also stated all husbands cheat, which is why I asked if you were OK with him cheating sexually as long as he met all your other requirements.

i am wondering if that means being a good stepfather to HER kids

That does not preclude much. My ex could look up old exes and "ones that almost were" up on the internet and start chattng no matter if his whackadoodle was working or not.

i am wondering if that means being a good stepfather to HER kids

Believe it or not, while it’s important for Adrian to be a good fatherly role model to my child, I’m not looking for him to be a replacement father to her. She already has a pretty amazing dad, and I’d prefer if me and her bio dad are primarily responsible for her rearing. Me looking for “good father” qualities in a husband is more of a screening tool of sorts at this point. Ie i prefer to date men who share my life experience as a parent, and it is my belief that a man who prioritizes fatherhood is (generally, not always) the mark of a good, responsible man who has his priorities straight. I refuse to date negligent or deadbeat dads; I find abandonment of one’s parental duties highly immoral and unnatural (with obvious exceptions made for giving children up for adoption, etc)

To answer your first question, I’m just cutting and pasting a response I just wrote: Believe it or not, while it’s important for Adrian to be a good fatherly role model to my child, I’m not looking for him to be a replacement father to her. She already has a pretty amazing dad, and I’d prefer if me and her bio dad are primarily responsible for her rearing. Me looking for “good father” qualities in a husband is more of a screening tool of sorts at this point. Ie i prefer to date men who share my life experience as a parent, and it is my belief that a man who prioritizes fatherhood is (generally, not always) the mark of a good, responsible man who has his priorities straight. I refuse to date negligent or deadbeat dads; I find abandonment of one’s parental duties highly immoral and unnatural (with obvious exceptions made for giving children up for adoption, etc)

Second: I never said ALL husbands cheat. I don’t speak in totalities. To your question, though, would I DIVORCE him for cheating sexually so long as he’s handling all other business? Maybe. Maybe not. I would be upset of course, but like with most marriages, I won’t know until I’m in it. What I DO know is that my priority, at that point, would be to do what’s in my and my child’s best interests!

Archived