Hating my job at starbucks and it’s been only 6 weeks

It is hard when it is all I have ever known and I am trying to see what else I enjoy. I guess it would have to be something within healthcare or customer service.

Then find a healthcare job. What certifications can you get to add to your degree so that you can work in your field? you won't be able to be a doctor, but maybe you can get training as an xray tech. Can you work in a lab or on the research end with your degree (where you are not qualified to see patients, you could do a behind the scenes job?)

How come everybody tells you if they like Starbucks or not? What does that have to do with your situation?

Anyway, I finished college and just kept working at the jobs I had as a student. I had to to pay off my student loans, that took like 7 or 8 years tp pay off. Then I decided I wanted to switch to a job in tourism and guiding.It doesnt pay as much but is much more interesting and work with lots of different people that are educated. It was hard because nobody had any faith in me or something. I got part time/short term jobs, then more of them. Now for ten years I have done this guiding job in different wild and whooly places. I have a lot of different experiences now, and people are willing to hire me. One year I didnt find a tourism job and had to go back to my dull repetitive job for a while, which motivated me to get back into my guiding. It gave me a frame of reference as to how much I like guiding and interacting with tourists and showing them sights. Anyway, get out there and try a new occupation. You finished college, and that says a lot to employers. Another thing, make a resume aimed directly at the job you want with the employer you want. Sending them a general resume for any job they have might work, but if you focus one one thing and convince the employer that they need you and only you for that particular job, you have a better chance. I focused on the job I had and had a time of it convincing him I was the right guy for the job, but finally convinced him he really needed me. Good luck!

Do you like this field? Did you fail some sort of certification or licensing exam? Did you receive a bachelor's or do you mean you failed some final courses and did not finish a degree?

Obviously you can't apply for jobs that require specific licences or certifications as if they are interchangeable supermarket jobs, such as lab techs or any clinical positions. However you could apply for for sales jobs but with no experience in either your field or sales, you would have to take whatever you may possibly get (very slim chance) and you'll starve if it's on commission because you do not like sucking up to people or any sort of retail.

It seems you would benefit from staying in contact with your university and discussing what you want to do with advisers. It also seems you just want to complain but not bother getting a resume in order and looking for work, which you would have plenty of time for if you get off your phone and turn off the tv.

Did the family you are living with force you to get this job? You seem to insist that they reduce your hours supposedly to "look for work", but then claim you can't do that either. To be honest, that attitude won't get you too far no matter what you do.

It was part of a medical degree but I failed the medical degree at the final hurdle-they refused to give me another chance and my course was terminated and walked away with a Biomedical Sciences with Honours.

There are plenty of jobs with the degree you have. I graduated with a BS in the biomedical sciences. My major specifically was more specialized in BMS, where it satisfied the requirements in order to go for medical school, among other post graduate programs (I took a dedicated course outlining all of the options). What requirement did you fail specifically, according to your university?

In the US, you need to achieve well in the general courses listed, your MCAT, clinical hours, obtain references, etc. It is versitile as long as you yourself satisfied the baseline requirements (separate from your current school's "medical science" degree requirements), and then any medical school you apply to can accept your application. You don't need a specific "medical science" degree, a BMS degree works just fine. Heck, a psychology, business, or any other degree works too, as long as you satisfy the baseline requirements.

Now for finding jobs with a BMS degree you can take the clinical, research, technical (yes even without a certification or training in a non-GMP environment), or biotechnology route. A good amount of employers are willing to train or support you enrolling into courses for the job while in it. It will be more difficult to find that first job without experience (university or part time jobs don't count much in employer's eyes), but you will likely have more luck in searching for recruitment agencies specializing in the life sciences. Talk to a recruiter, tell them your profile, your experience so far, and wait for them to contact you. Do this for multiple agencies. Let me know if you would like to know more about what's out there for you.

Archived