Is it really a downgrade or an upgrade?

mandeelove

OP, open your eyes. Despite all the money and wealth, despite all the advantages, this guy is nothing but an insecure, abusive loser. That's sad. I mean really sad.

That said, being an insecure, abusive loser has nothing to do with money. It's an issue that crops up everywhere. It's about that individual, their personality and personal issues. The only difference is that the guy with money can afford better to fix himself. However, most abusers don't think there is anything wrong with them, so they'll never fix themselves regardless. Basically, the lesson you should take away here is stay away from abusive men no matter the income and social status.

Your views of class and money is kind of naive. Plenty of blue collar guys make way more money and a better living than a college grad. Plenty of people can and do buy a house on cash. It's not about class or blue collar or white collar, it's about being financially smart. Plenty of people don't have debt either. At the same time I've met doctors who are bankrupt. Again, it's about individual financial management.

Ultimately, as Wiseman said, you weren't ever a part of that wealthy life, so you lost nothing but a dream of what could be but never was. Your reality wasn't Hollywood, it was abuse. Your personal life, job - nothing has changed. That said, I do think that you need to take a long break from dating and actually get out more into the world. Look around at how people actually live, manage money. Maybe go to some financial seminars so you aren't so frazzled and get a reality check on that whole thing.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Your views of class and money is kind of naive. Plenty of blue collar guys make way more money and a better living than a college grad. Plenty of people can and do buy a house on cash. It's not about class or blue collar or white collar, it's about being financially smart. Plenty of people don't have debt either. At the same time I've met doctors who are bankrupt. Again, it's about individual financial management."

You know what you wrote made me want to change something I wrote. I recommended that the OP get more or different training/education if she wants a certain financially comfortable lifestyle and that was because I thought I knew already that she was educated and she was working in a white collar field. Certainly what you wrote about financial opportunities in blue collar fields, plus of course people who make wise, financially savvy decisions (whether blue or white collar) is a great point. I do think in general people are more employable if they've accomplished a college degree and it also depends what they are skilled in and whether they are a good match for college(and I do not mean IQ wise I mean just whether it's right for them).

• 8 months later...

Archived