Its been so long since I loved someone

Dadadaisy123

I have been solitary now for 7 years, and I have my days too. I'm not sure I remember what it feels like to be in love, so I don't really miss it.

This was a choice I made based on a lot of unhappiness in and out of relationships and I have been happier for a long time. Sure, I occasionally miss the intimacy and the touch of another person, but years ago I stopped seeing the value in being in a relationship. Plus, as a male, it is easy not to engage.

I do not base my happiness on love or being with someone, or being made to feel special by that someone. I find strength in myself and my passions.

Perhaps you could start approaching guys you are interested in?

This seems to be the trend of your posts and I can't tell if it's one specific man and you're simply being vague or this keeps happening.

If it keeps happening, it might be wise to take a look into why you're falling for guys who aren't interested. Do you come on too strong, are they out of your league. There is such a thing as self sabotage.

Looking at your last posts, it sounds like you're still grieving your last relationship. It's been less than a year, right? I know how hard and lonely that can be—I'm 10 months out myself—but it's not a long time to go without being in love.

If you put a lot of pressure on yourself to be in love, as if not being in love is some fatal flaw, it's likely that you may carry that pressure over to potential romantic interests. I can only speak for myself, but when I meet a woman who seems from the start overly excited and immediately attached, I'll often find myself backing away. It's not a game. I simply don't quite trust she is interested in me so much as she wants me to fill some kind of love/loneliness void.

Real love takes a long time to materialize. You cultivate it together, slowly. I believe the way we're able to get to that place with someone is only once we let go of the idea that not being in love is a problem that needs to be solved. Think of this as a great time to love yourself, to fall deeper in love with your own potential. That will inspire confidence and joy and will help in attracting the sort of people you can then share that with.

Looking at your last posts, it sounds like you're still grieving your last relationship. It's been less than a year, right? I know how hard and lonely that can be—I'm 10 months out myself—but it's not a long time to go without being in love.

If you put a lot of pressure on yourself to be in love, as if not being in love is some fatal flaw, it's likely that you may carry that pressure over to potential romantic interests. I can only speak for myself, but when I meet a woman who seems from the start overly excited and immediately attached, I'll often find myself backing away. It's not a game. I simply don't quite trust she is interested in me so much as she wants me to fill some kind of love/loneliness void.

Real love takes a long time to materialize. You cultivate it together, slowly. I believe the way we're able to get to that place with someone is only once we let go of the idea that not being in love is a problem that needs to be solved. Think of this as a great time to love yourself, to fall deeper in love with your own potential. That will inspire confidence and joy and will help in attracting the sort of people you can then share that with.

Yes, maybe I am. But not exactly missing the person, but missing the connection once shared... And I know that even if I was with someone right now, we would have to built that connection. Plus, not every relationship lasts 5 years...

This seems to be the trend of your posts and I can't tell if it's one specific man and you're simply being vague or this keeps happening.

If it keeps happening, it might be wise to take a look into why you're falling for guys who aren't interested. Do you come on too strong, are they out of your league. There is such a thing as self sabotage.

This keep happening :( but once I was right, and we were together for 5 years

Been single for a year now after a broken engagement. Ex is married already and I cannot seem to find a man that I truly connect with. I try to enjoy the process as much as possible and remain optimistic that it will happen again. It's not a race (I keep telling myself this haha) you're not alone!

Archived