Why Did My Ex Show Up at My Game?

newnewness

Given your responses "anyone else?", "what else you got?", it sounds like you aren't looking for impressions, but for someone to tell you what you want to hear.

You said you'd like to reconcile. Because of this you are going to analyze every moment of this recent meeting. Why not just ask him?? Hey, why did you come to my game the other day?

If a guy is really into you and wants to spend his life with you, he'll know. And he'll let you know! He won't be playing games likes some teenager. And if he is playing games, is that the type of guy you want? One that comes up with 10 reasons why he can't date you? Pressures at work, doesn't think he can provide, etc?

If you really love this guy then by all means go ahead and drive yourself crazy trying to figure him out. I think you deserve much better.

Anyone else? is an invitation to all the naysayers and well wishers alike. I'm looking for various points of view.

First of all, I never said I believe he wants to have a relationship, that is just my hope.

Secondly, there are plenty of posts on this website of people who reconcile when naysayers voiced their know-it-all opinions. We were blissfully happy with each other; his problems, if you must know, stem from feeling inadequate/self-esteem/competitive issues and I'll leave it at that.

Thirdly, I have tried dating other people. He has no idea I'm "waiting around" and he will not see me with another man unless we happen to run into each other.

Anyone else?

You weren't blissfully happy with each other. You may have been happy with him, but he chose to end the relationship. He even had you back in his bed since the breakup and didn't try to mend the relationship. I'm sorry, but that statement borders on delusional thinking.

Until you accept the breakup occurred for real reasons, reconciliation is impossible.

You weren't blissfully happy with each other. You may have been happy with him, but he chose to end the relationship. He even had you back in his bed since the breakup and didn't try to mend the relationship. I'm sorry, but that statement borders on delusional thinking.

Until you accept the breakup occurred for real reasons, reconciliation is impossible.

We had each other back in the bed. You people kill me when you always act like it's the man's doing. We both needed it and I didn't expect anything else at the time. He's not happy with himself, I'll give him that, but I know for a fact he was the happiest he's been in a long time, if not ever, with me...so I guess I'll keep being delusional.

Next?!

You asked for "impressions". We gave them. You disagree with all of them.

I don't know what else you're looking for.

More impressions...I find every comment interesting in it's own way. And, actually, I don't disagree with all of them. I never said that, someone else on this thread did. Someone else said every response disagreed with me or with what I wanted to happen...that was a lie, too

As you mentioned, he's obsessed with sports, obsesses with dates. He's probably also curious. You are someone he knows and remembers, so his interest could be connected to that, and not have any further meaning. (Who knows?) Some people don't see breaking up as reason to become enemies or eliminating people from their lives. But if they are the one that called things off, they may not feel the emotional repercussions of the break up like the "dumpee" does.

As you mentioned, he's obsessed with sports, obsesses with dates. He's probably also curious. You are someone he knows and remembers, so his interest could be connected to that, and not have any further meaning. (Who knows?) Some people don't see breaking up as reason to become enemies or eliminating people from their lives. But if they are the one that called things off, they may not feel the emotional repercussions of the break up like the "dumpee" does.

He felt it early on, got really sick (hospitalized) immediately after the break up...probably not so much now though.

Archived