A real life love triangle

ItsAllDrama2

So I’ve been with a guy, let’s call him Dan for over a year and in that time we’ve been on and off very frequently. We get on well and enjoy spending time with each other, however he often causes arguments by not putting in enough effort, for example cancelling on our plans last minute or not replying to my messages. He has also messaged other girls. On our longest break which was about 2 months he messaged several girls on tinder and my friends sister. A lot of people say he is mad about me and never stops talking about me etc. However I have a lot of trust issues because of the things he’s done. He also met up with his ex once and smoked weed. He smokes weed frequently, which I’m not too happy about. He has a good job and is progressing in it, however he is rubbish with money, always running out and lives in a small studio flat.

I have recently at work met a customer who comes in quite a bit to see me and I quite like. I don’t know anything about him really apart from I usually don’t get on with his star sign. Today he made it pretty clear he was interested in me, asking when I was next off, I thought he was going to ask me out on a date, and asked me for my instagram and has now messaged me but I haven’t looked at what it is yet.

I’m really stuck on what to do. Me and my BF have been through a lot together and I feel really comfortable with him. We also work at the same place and are known as a couple by pretty much everyone in the place we work. I love my bf but I often find myself close to ending with him when we argue and when I say that I want to he doesn’t seem bothered and I know he would move on quickly.

However I am very jealous and I would feel really jealous and upset if I saw him with someone else so quickly.

What the hell should I do? And if I decide to stay with my bf how should I let down the other guy???

PLEASE PLEASE ADVICE NEEDED URGENTLY!!

This customer hasn't asked you out so fortunately there is no decision to make there. However hanging on to your bf despite the multitude of problems and issues is something to seriously decide about. You don't need a crush on a customer to know that things are bad with your bf. Usually people who plan to cheat talk about an attractive stranger and the many failings of their current relationship in the same breath. Is that your concern? Or do you need to line someone up before you leave your bf?

Look, you know what you have to do. You can't trust him. He's a cheater. He's a pot head. He's undependable. He doesn't really seem to care about you despite him talking about you. He's a schlub! In other words, he's a terrible boyfriend. Why are you hanging onto him? There are other guys who you can have a nice, loving relationship with. I think you're confusing sex with love. Just because a guy has sex with you doesn't mean he's in love with you. Stop being clingy and needy. Don't settle for this guy. He's not worth being jealous about. Find a real guy.

By the way, your customer may just be wasting your time. He sounds like a clone of your boyfriend. Find someone else.

Archived