He wanted me back then changed his mind

Whitbug18

So my boyfriend of 3 years dumped me out of absolutely nowhere and told me he didn’t feel love for me anymore. We are both in college and are graduating in one year. He also told me he wanted to stay in our home town and he doesn’t want to hold me back from getting out of here. After this he blocked me on all social media and didn’t contact me for 3 weeks. I was very upset but I was starting to move on with my life and then poof he came back. He told me it was a mistake and that he would wait forever for me. I wasn’t convinced and I continued to let him cry to me for 2 months all while I was exploring other dating options. I was sure I didn’t want him back but one day I found out he had met someone new and instantly got jealous. I immediately told him I wanted to try our relationship again and he told me I was too late. He proceeded to tell me he would like to work it out with me but remain open to new people. I am hurt that he wanted me back so badly but now that he has met someone new he doesn’t. I am also confused because I feel like I only want him back out of jealousy, or did seeing him move on make me realize I wanted him?

Should I move on or fight for what I want?

Thanks

You only want your ex because you're jealous. Just cut off all contact with him and move on. He only wanted you back because he got lonely and then once he got a girlfriend, he couldn't care less about you. You don't need a guy like him. Just move on.

Remember, seeing that you're in school, I presume you're both very young.

Your young years are supposed to be exploring, dating, etc - Not being stuck in back-and-forth relationships.

I would not try and salvage this. Getting back together after a long relationship has very little chance (depending on circumstances) of any longevity.

People often get back with eachother because of jealousy and/or the "we want what we can't have syndrome".

So my boyfriend of 3 years dumped me out of absolutely nowhere and told me he didn’t feel love for me anymore. We are both in college and are graduating in one year. He also told me he wanted to stay in our home town and he doesn’t want to hold me back from getting out of here. After this he blocked me on all social media and didn’t contact me for 3 weeks. I was very upset but I was starting to move on with my life and then poof he came back. He told me it was a mistake and that he would wait forever for me. I wasn’t convinced and I continued to let him cry to me for 2 months all while I was exploring other dating options. I was sure I didn’t want him back but one day I found out he had met someone new and instantly got jealous. I immediately told him I wanted to try our relationship again and he told me I was too late. He proceeded to tell me he would like to work it out with me but remain open to new people. I am hurt that he wanted me back so badly but now that he has met someone new he doesn’t. I am also confused because I feel like I only want him back out of jealousy, or did seeing him move on make me realize I wanted him?

Should I move on or fight for what I want?

Thanks

He doesn't sound super committed. The whole "I don't want to hold you back" thing is a BS excuse to leave you. Once some people realize you won't chase them, they start to chase you and once you show interest again they back off. Don't get sucked in to this cycle, cut all contact. If he doesn't want only you, then he cannot have you.

He broke up with you because he found someone else, then came back because he broke up with that someone else and now you want him because he is in a new relationship. Keep in mind how he blocked you for his own convenience and move on.

I have to agree with all the other responses here. Both of you were playing games, and once a relationship becomes a power struggle, it's pretty much over. Cut contact, get him off your social media so you don't obsessively stalk him and his new partner, and start working on moving on.

He more than likely broke up with you because he met someone else, and came back when she didn't want to take it further. I can nearly guarantee he was seeing someone in the interim of breaking up and bouncing back to you.

It's time for this to be over for good. People who seemingly break up with you out of the blue are generally not the ones with whom you would have a successful, long-lasting reconciliation anyway.

I'm so sorry, I know right where you are at this moment. This happened to me and I'm not young and neither is my ex. It just hurts.

Please do not look back again, just keep moving forward with no contact. It's the only option.

Just the fact that they dumped us out of the blue is enough to not be bothered with them ever again.

Read this...

If the link doesn't work just Google: Out of the blue breakups

I assure you it will inspire you. These people (or exs) weren't even human enough to sit us down face to face and say, "I'm on the verge of ending our relationship. I'm going to stop and put an end to everything we have talked about." In your case for 3 years. They didn't have the guts or decency to talk to us face to face.

He is not worth another thought in your head. You are young and wonderful!

Go live you amazing life!

Mitch

Unfortunately you rejected his attempt at reconciliation and started dating others and told him to buzz off so of course he will move on...and so should you.

I continued to let him cry to me for 2 months all while I was exploring other dating options. I found out he had met someone new and instantly got jealous. I immediately told him I wanted to try our relationship again and he told me I was too late.

Archived