Need a breakup survival strategy

Gymgirl71

Ex will be in my place for next 30 days. I’m going to keep myself occupied and stay away on weekends as much as possible. Usually he falls asleep on the couch and goes to bed later. Last night, I left him on the couch. Tonight, he felt awkward being in same room with me so he goes to my bedroom and goes to sleep! I could sleep in my sons twin bed but I thought he has nerve. So now I’m stuck sleeping with him In the same bed until he moves out. I don’t want him starting any craziness

No, you are not "stuck" sleeping with him!

Tell him he must sleep on the couch.

I fear another 7 months will go by and he'll still be there if you keep letting him run the show like he has been.

soon he will be gone. Just need to get through the next 29 days

Why is he staying with you?

And where is your backbone? Get him out of your bed. Period.

EDIT: Just read your previous thread. You have got to stop letting him manipulate and control you. Tell him he can sleep on the sofa until he moves his things out, if you can't bring yourself to actually kick him out.

Why is he staying with you?

And where is your backbone? Get him out of your bed. Period.

EDIT: Just read your previous thread. You have got to stop letting him manipulate and control you. Tell him he can sleep on the sofa until he moves his things out, if you can't bring yourself to actually kick him out.

trust me, he is gone. I served him a notice to vacate and he confirmed it by text that he would be on or before the 30-day period. Even told me he was already making plans to move his stuff out little by little. If that’s the case, I’m glad I went with my gut and told him he has to go.
trust me, he is gone. I served him a notice to vacate and he confirmed it by text that he would be on or before the 30-day period. Even told me he was already making plans to move his stuff out little by little. If that’s the case, I’m glad I went with my gut and told him he has to go.
just text him told his butt I will not be sleeping on the couch I will be sleeping in MY room

Just lay down some rules in writing for the next 29 days - your bedroom is off limits to him. Whatever of his in the bedroom needs to go into boxes and out into the living room. OP, you actually want to make it clear with your actions that it's over, you mean it this time and make him uncomfortable so he has an incentive to actually get out. NO way should you sleep in the same bed again. Treat it like a roommate situation in your mind - you retire to your bedroom for privacy and shut the door on him like you would on a roommate.

Other than that, keeping out of the place and minimizing time spent around each other as much as possible is a good plan, especially on weekends.

You're way too nice. I would tell him to go stay with someone else or in a hotel if we were broken up.
I did. He knows the law, if he’s been living more than 39-days. Said he will call the cops & they will tell me he is entitled. The cops confirmed this once too.
Yep, get a new door knob for your bedroom door. Lock yourself inside the bedroom when you are ready to go to sleep.

I'm sure the law doesn't say you must allow him to sleep in your bed. No matter who paid for it.

no, I was referring to the apartment door
no, I was referring to the apartment door

I get that. But what would stop you from putting a locking doorknob on your bedroom door? I'd make sure there is one on the bathroom door too. And make sure all of his belongings are in the living room so he can't use that as an excuse.

I get that. But what would stop you from putting a locking doorknob on your bedroom door? I'd make sure there is one on the bathroom door too. And make sure all of his belongings are in the living room so he can't use that as an excuse.
being he has a closet in the living room that won’t be an issue
Just lay down some rules in writing for the next 29 days - your bedroom is off limits to him. Whatever of his in the bedroom needs to go into boxes and out into the living room. OP, you actually want to make it clear with your actions that it's over, you mean it this time and make him uncomfortable so he has an incentive to actually get out. NO way should you sleep in the same bed again. Treat it like a roommate situation in your mind - you retire to your bedroom for privacy and shut the door on him like you would on a roommate.

Other than that, keeping out of the place and minimizing time spent around each other as much as possible is a good plan, especially on weekends.

definitely need to lay down some rules. I got home and he left the tv on and 2 lights. I don’t give a crap what he’s doing but he isn’t paying for my light bill. One thing if your going to be gone a couple min but that was like 40 min ago. He probably assumed I would be coming home soon but still. Totally inconsiderate and he doesn’t pay my bills.

Archived