Am i being overprotective with my girlfriends body?

whiteboard123

@ katrina 1980 - no beating! I'm just me - and it's probably why I'm single :) lol I respect everyone's comments here! That being said, I've never dressed in an extreme manner in public; whether in relationships or not, I've always tended to be mostly covered up. Short skirt, sure, I have great legs. . . but if the skirt is short, then no cleavage. Wearing pants, sure, might have a lower cut top. A balance.

Frankly I just wouldn't let anyone else make my decision, I'm very independent and stubborn lol - but - to each their own!

We had a conversation - i normally don't wear anything revealing - but i had a top on where as i moved, you could occasionally see a hint of bra in the wrong spot to see it in and it was a plunge style bra. Yup - totally not what i should be wearing if your bra is showing. My guy brought it up to me because it looked fine when i STOOD at the mirror before i left the house, but in reality, as a moved around, it did not. He told me in a very discreet and caring way that my bra was showing and maybe i wanted to change. He did express to me later on that he really likes a different type of top on me (the top he liked was actually a color that flattered me a lot better - and it just happened to be not as revealing AND the cut even flattered me better.) Why not instead of making this a ITS HER BODY YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING!! and make it about complimenting her on what you like to see her in. Has it stopped getting sexy for someone's SO to say "you know, i really think you look hot in this...?" and genuinely saying it about something else you really like seeing them in?

My body is just that, my body. I would never make my decision on clothing based on a man's opinion (or woman's, but I'm straight FWIW) unless I asked specifically. I am a grown-a** woman. I do what I want, I wear what I want.

The behavior you describe is controlling. Jealousy is very unattractive, in my humble opinion.

Don't worry Mines. As you see most of us prefer women who dress sexy. Personally, I like minimalism in this case. The less the better!

Here are the threads you have made about your gf:

-My girlfriend posts revealing pictures when we argue.

-im scared of my girlfriend

-Having a 2 week break

-I want her to miss me.

-My girlfriend is hanging out with other guys.

-My Girlfriend is constantly talking to this other guy.

Just reading the titles of these threads shows a pattern and a huge problem. I don't see the revealing clothes as a problem other than a symptom of something much larger.

I think you need to rethink this relationship because it does not look healthy, for you anyways.

Lost

I find revealing attire in any gender to be very distasteful.

I also chose a spouse who has a similiar sense of conservative attire.

You can want what you want. If her dress bothers you to the point that you can't get over it them break up with her.

I wouldn't date someone who wore clothes I considered inappropriate.

But you can't stay with her and not let her make her own choices. You really have no right to tell her anything other than your opinion.

But if she dresses that way and you let her know it makes you uncomfortable and she doesn't care and continues to dress that way you either get over it and or you end your relationship.

Archived