Discovered New Way To Lose Weight Or Maintain Weight...

Late to the thread but what works for me best isca lighter andceslryidh dinner. When I was in my 20s and30s and even a bit beyond I could tolerate late and heavier restaurant dinners. No more and also I am up by 6 most mornings and eat breakfast either at 6:30 or 8 depending on scheduling. I sleep better with a lighter amount of food at night. I shall doceggs as lunch or dinner and for years have been having avocado toast and almond butter on toast for breakfast but the equivalent of one piece total. Glad it is working for you!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Late to the thread but what works for me best isca lighter andceslryidh dinner. When I was in my 20s and30s and even a bit beyond I could tolerate late and heavier restaurant dinners. No more and also I am up by 6 most mornings and eat breakfast either at 6:30 or 8 depending on scheduling. I sleep better with a lighter amount of food at night. I shall doceggs as lunch or dinner and for years have been having avocado toast and almond butter on toast for breakfast but the equivalent of one piece total. Glad it is working for you!

Thanks Batya, but it's not a matter of it "working for me."

My intention for skipping dinner wasn't to lose weight, it just happened that way when I started skipping and thought I share.

As mentioned in last post, I am quite thin as it is, so my weight is not an issue.

I was skipping dinner occasionally so as to enjoy a big b'fast in the morn with my BF (see original post).

Somehow that got translated to mean I wanted to lose weight, change my general diet, whatever.

I really do appreciate everyone's comments though. I actually learned a lot especially about the nitrates in foods which was very helpful! I make home-made sausage now due to that info.

To update, I am no longer skipping dinner. I eat a very light dinner (a protein, steamed veggies with lemon and light butter). If we eat out, I eat less or modify.

My BF still makes big b'fast when he stays over and I eat a bit of it, an egg, one slice of toast with jam, coffee.

Lunch is my bigger meal, my co-workers and I eat out a lot, it varies but not gonna worry about it.

I am healthy and feel great. And continue to maintain a good weight (115-120) for my height (5'6").

I plan on eating what I want and not depriving myself, everything in moderation.

I am glad your diet works for you! And am sure you get tons of exercise too chasing after your little one!

I remember growing up, my younger brothers were so rambunctious! My poor mom chasing them around all day. :D

Oh -I must have read wrong - I didn't read your first post that way at all. I am not on a diet and have been thin my whole life other than when I was pregnant and for a short period of time on a bad BC pill. I dieted intensely during my teens and early 20s with terrible results to my health - I really didn't need to diet in the first place. It took years for me to normalize my eating and more time than that to learn to respond to hunger cues and appropriately. It's not that I never eat for comfort or emotions it's just that I know the difference and awareness is key. I don't overeat -just talking about food choices. My child is almost 9 so there's still a lot of running around but not as much as when I was the full time parent and he was a toddler! I exercise daily and that too is key to my mental and physical health -been exercising regularly for 35 years and to me that is key too and essential especially now that I'm in my 50s.

Glad you are enjoying changing your eating patterns with your boyfriend! My husband became a breakfast eater because of me.

Batya, you're right I stand corrected.

I did ask if skipping dinner was "healthy". My brother, a big health nut, gave me * for it so thought I'd check with the wise folks of ENA!

Your son is 9? Did not realize that! I thought maybe 5 or 6.

Anyway, it's all good, right? Everything in moderation is my new motto for 2018! :D

• 1 month later...

Archived