NC now. Should I wish him happy birthday?

Mcasa1026

It's been three months since we broke up and more than two weeks into NC.

I don't know if I should wish him happy birthday. I still care about him a lot and want him to know that. But it's probably pointless to do so since we have decided to go separate ways.

Btw, the break up was peaceful since we are long distance.

I would think what are my reasons . Are you hoping he will reply or that you will initiate contact again . If it is going to set you back in any way on your healing then I would say no but if you are completely over him and there is absolutely nothing to it then send a text . You know yourself better as to the reasons for wanting to send it and if you have any hopes or expectations from sending this . So I would think of myself if I was you and what is best for you in this case and not him .

I would think what are my reasons . Are you hoping he will reply or that you will initiate contact again . If it is going to set you back in any way on your healing then I would say no but if you are completely over him and there is absolutely nothing to it then send a text . You know yourself better as to the reasons for wanting to send it and if you have any hopes or expectations from sending this . So I would think of myself if I was you and what is best for you in this case and not him .

Right, this. ^^

What is your reasoning? You are still in an emotional state, given that it's only been 2 weeks since NC.

I think that deep down, you know what your reasons are. You might have one of the following reasons:

--You hope that he responds positively, which will lead to a conversation, which could lead to a possible reconciliation, or an apology from him

--You want him to see you as the good person who is so sweet and wishes him a HB

--You want to let him know that, even if he doesn't respond, that the door is still open

Any of the above reasons is just a way to get back into his heart. If you want to talk to him again because you truly miss him, that's something else. But using his birthday isn't the way to do it.

Several years ago, I had the most heartbreaking breakup ever. 2 months later, it was a big birthday for me, and I hoped hoped hoped my ex would contact me. I was heartbroken that he didn't!! But looking back, it's so much better that he didn't, because although I cried and cried, it helped me to move on.

Right, this. ^^

What is your reasoning? You are still in an emotional state, given that it's only been 2 weeks since NC.

I think that deep down, you know what your reasons are. You might have one of the following reasons:

--You hope that he responds positively, which will lead to a conversation, which could lead to a possible reconciliation, or an apology from him

--You want him to see you as the good person who is so sweet and wishes him a HB

--You want to let him know that, even if he doesn't respond, that the door is still open

Any of the above reasons is just a way to get back into his heart. If you want to talk to him again because you truly miss him, that's something else. But using his birthday isn't the way to do it.

Several years ago, I had the most heartbreaking breakup ever. 2 months later, it was a big birthday for me, and I hoped hoped hoped my ex would contact me. I was heartbroken that he didn't!! But looking back, it's so much better that he didn't, because although I cried and cried, it helped me to move on.

Sorry it took me a while to respond to your feedback as I was trying to figure out my reasons for wishing him a HB.

Yeah, I wanted to let him know the door to reconciliation is still open, and I genuinely care about him. But Ive also realized doing NC is more about me moving on from this heartbreaking experience. Any form of communication will only take me back to square one of the recovery.

It's been three months since we broke up and more than two weeks into NC.

I don't know if I should wish him happy birthday. I still care about him a lot and want him to know that. But it's probably pointless to do so since we have decided to go separate ways.

Btw, the break up was peaceful since we are long distance.

I'm in the same exact position as you! Three months post breakup, two weeks no contact.

I let go after our last run in was negative, he was showing me no respect!

I text the next day in an attempt to regain my power, saying "thank you, I wish you and your

family well, and I hope you find who it is that you are looking for. This is sincere."

Crickets!!!! He ignored it, okay, no well wishes back to myself and my daughter who he spent

time around, yeah....bippity bippity boo!! Buh-bye!!!!!

His birthday is next week, and I will not acknowledge it.

Why would I? He let me go. You shouldn't either. NC is for YOU. Self love is an amazing tool.

Do not spend time, effort, tears, and energy on anyone who isn't willing to give to you in return.

Archived