I've Made A Mess!

JustMizz

It's hard to remain silent. I'm going to, though.

I really have the urge to text him an apology and explanation for acting nuts, but I know it would be pointless.

So, I'll share it with y'all:

I am truly sorry for how I allowed myself to act towards you. It was all entirely my fault. I let my anxiety control me and I am seriously embarrassed by my actions. That was not me. That was the remnants of my emotions and insecurities from my marriage.

You're the first guy I've slept with since my ex-husband and it sparked something in me that I wasn't expecting. I got needy and acted nutso.

I've realized I have some more work to do on myself before I try to date again. I wish I would have known before so I wouldn't have totally turned you off of me, but what's done is done.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mizz,

I didn't do a fraction of the texting/messaging that you did and my ghost still went quiet on me. So I really don't think you did anything so terrible to cause this.

In the past, I DID blow up a guy's phone and sent him an embarrassing amount of texts, emails, phone calls, voice messages and, surprisingly, he still would talk to me. I think it all depends on the individual and what mindset they are in.

Every single day, I fight the urge to reach out to my disappeared man but I don't because why should I give him the satisfaction of seeing my name on his phone when he didn't give me the same respect?

why should I give him the satisfaction of seeing my name on his phone when he didn't give me the same respect?

That's a valid point.

I felt it wasn't bad because I didn't blow his phone up. But, the few texts I did send were walls. Sigh.

I just keep going back and forth. Was it him? Was it me? Both? Could I have prevented this?

Some days I barely think about it, but I have days like today where it won't leave my mind.

I don't think he will be back. But next time try not to get yourself all heated up in text messages. If a guy starts ignoring you just move onto the next one.

I don't think he will be either. 😔

Its so hard for me to actually find guys I connect with. That's why this is so difficult for me.

"Quote Originally Posted by boltnrun

Whatever you do, please don't convince yourself it's a good idea to text him one more time to "apologize".

Oh, I won't. I don't see where I have anything to apologize for."

Now you want to apologize???

I kind of knew you were going to go the "apology" route. Just to have an excuse to text him "one more time", hoping he takes the bait and responds.

JustMizz, please don't. I think it's a really awful idea considering overtexting is what probably started this "mess".

I'm curious why it is you want so badly to try to get him back. Surely there are other men out there who would be a better match!

I haven't text him again, and I won't.

And I really don't know why I'm so hung up on him. We just had so much fun together and so much in common.

And like I said, it's not easy for me to find guys that I click with, that "get" me. I thought he did.

So, I'm feeling a whole lot better. Almost over night. It's rather odd.

I was curious about something. The last day I spent with him, I had a Mirena IUD placed. Could all of this anxiety been caused by that??

If you're feeling better the last thing you should be doing is still dwelling on what went wrong. Just let it all go. The less you think about it, the easier it will be to move forward.

I mean really, let's say someone said 'yes! That's exactly what went wrong!' What then? What's the next step? See what I mean? No mater what the answer is, it doesn't matter, it not going to change what happened.

Happy you're doing better.

You are so right. I'm not 100% over him, yet. But I am getting there.

And even if it was the IUD, I don't think me messaging him saying "my IUD made me crazy" would sway him. Lol

Moving forward.

I am sure the IUD made you more emotional as BC pills used to do the same to me. However, he was still an acehole and that didn't help the situation.

I am glad you are feeling better. I hope to get there myself someday.

I am sure the IUD made you more emotional as BC pills used to do the same to me. However, he was still an acehole and that didn't help the situation.

I am glad you are feeling better. I hope to get there myself someday.

He knew about the IUD, too. Even said he went with his ex to get hers. Maybe he knew I was going to go bonkers. Lol. Who knows?

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Archived